Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2008 11:55am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's good news. So all of those claims weren't from your sifu's mouth but were from this person in germany?
    How does your sifu look on you guys sparring/fighting?

Posted On:
    12/01/2008 4:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I lived with Wang and another one of his students in Beijing over the summer '08. I found him while studying in Beijing. I never once questioned him because his skill told me enough. I trained WC in the states for about three years before I went to BJ, and I found he could demonstrate everything my teachers told me here in the U.S. as theory. He could also show me how to use what I had already learned as theory in the U.S. My first four classes he had me fighting some of his other students just to see where I was, and I have to say that I improved after learning from him. He had one student who had only been training for a few months who was already better than me when I first showed up. All of his training depicted everything that I had heard from my other teachers. To think that his lineage was fake surely caught my attention and I have no way to tell if it is or not. I just go by what he can do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 8:16pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great! Now that makes me wonder why so many of the wc ppl here in the states refuse to spar at all...no matter how much time they have under their belts...? Do me a favor and ask him about this lack of sparring in the states and how sparring ruins one's ability to learn properly. Or that crazy notion of chi sao being the only thing one needs.

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 4:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I donít understand something: Why does somebody in mainland China want to be a member of the Hong Kong Ving Tsun Athletic Association without being member? If in mainland China there are a lot of more Wing Chun Schools that in Hong Kong.
    Remember that Yip Man was the only Wing Chun master who immigrated to Hong Kong meanwhile in Canton region must be a lot of more Wing Chun Master teaching their art.
    In Pekin (Beijing) must no be to many, but some Canton teaches could move to Pekin to open schools.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2009 8:16am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rask View Post
    In my WC training, the opponent would throw a sloppy punch, pull it a few inches from my face, and then leave his fist out there and relax while I applied some fancy technique. I never had to deal with someone trying to tackle me, hold me down and smash my face in, nor someone trying to grab me, push me up against a wall and try to actually punch me in the face... or even just try to actually hit me. ...
    Holy ... You sure spent alot of money on LARPing...

I feel your pain. I did TKD when I was a teen and we did the same drills. The partner would throw a sloppy punch, pull it a few inches from my face, and then leave his fist out there and relax while I applied some fancy technique/kick.

Not to mention kicking imaginary 7" tall opponents.

But that's not all, we were told tales of Tae Kwon who fought in battle using only their daedly kicks as weapon. Holy hell, was I in deep in LARP land.
    :XXonlyamo

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/01/2009 8:18am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yongchunyisheng View Post
    I lived with Wang and another one of his students in Beijing over the summer '08. I found him while studying in Beijing. I never once questioned him because his skill told me enough. I trained WC in the states for about three years before I went to BJ, and I found he could demonstrate everything my teachers told me here in the U.S. as theory. He could also show me how to use what I had already learned as theory in the U.S. My first four classes he had me fighting some of his other students just to see where I was, and I have to say that I improved after learning from him. He had one student who had only been training for a few months who was already better than me when I first showed up. All of his training depicted everything that I had heard from my other teachers. To think that his lineage was fake surely caught my attention and I have no way to tell if it is or not. I just go by what he can do.
    You know that means two things right? Your former teacher sucked at instructing the style or you sucked at learning.

Sparring or fighting? There is a difference.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/01/2009 8:22am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2009 4:42am

Style: Jee Shin Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its rather embarrsing when we Chunners, who can stand in the ring and put up a good fight against other styles get thrown into the same boat as those who use excuses like "Oh, -ng -un it ssoooo deadly, we no spar, no spar". In the end it ultimately falls down to which flavour of -ng -un your learning, and form observation if they spell it Wing Chun its normally an okay sign ;), though not necessarily a good one. If you went hunting, you could easily find Wing Chun schools which boast legitimate awards in MMAs and so and so.

Back to the core subject. Here is a video of Wang Zhi Peng,
    YouTube- Wing Chun with Master Wang ZhiPeng

notice his chain punch, the energy goes from the shoulder and then down the arm. Compared to the just flicking your arm forward. I like that alot, I think it means more force :) And if Wang actively promotes Sparring during class, then I take that as a good sign :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 6:27am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judging from my training in the London based WSL lineage I think his stuff looks crisp and genuine if not quite good.

Why care what x tells you about y? Just make up your own mind (as I've seen you have).

I love my WC training, but all that blabla and the politics nearly spoil it for me.

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 7:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi & Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wang Zhi Peng

I touched hands with Master Wang Zhi Peng and it only took a few moments of rolling hands to know that he was the real deal. Mind you, I met another friend of mine Adam who had trained Moy Yat style for 12 years, and I only had 6 years under my belt and Adam was by far much more effective at Wing Chun than me. We rolled, after a bloody nose it was obvious he was better trained. Well, Adam went to one of Master Wang Zhi Peng's classes and also said he was the real deal, then trained with him daily for three months.

I've met and trained with Master Wang Zhi Peng and he is an AWESOME Wing Chun teacher and Practitioner. Old style. I've seen other Wing Chun guys come in and ask to test his skill and he beats them and then they become students just like in the old days.

WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF is that I searched for Master Wang Zhi Peng's name and this BS title you have "Human Weapon or Fraud" pops up. Now that is just not fair to the guy because most idiots would assume that its the truth and just keep moving.

But hey, I guess its cool cause you're gonna get many more Wing Chun Practitioners that have touched hands with MASTER Wang Zhi Peng verifying his exceptional ability.

Lastly, if you ever need to check the abilities of a teacher, look at his students. And if you are there, then you've seen Jai, ya? His skill is impeccable for only a few years of training. That speaks louder than any of those people talking junk about Master Wang Zhi Peng.

Posted On:
    10/19/2011 7:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi & Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and you don't learn to hit the dummy like this from watching tutorial videos on youtube...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast