Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 12:33am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Also, do you think you could maybe post an instructional on a good uchi-mata? I can't seem to get mine to work...
    My kid just busted my digital camera so that'll unfortunately have to wait until Santa brings me a new one. I'll try to do one then though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 7:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a perfect way of setting up my o-goshi. Hell, almost an hip throw. Thanks a million man!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 12:03am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One way I have found useful in getting this grip is to attack/fake left then from a normal grip (left hand on sleeve right hand on lapel) then turn back letting the sleeve go and putting it under their right armpit and gripping the gi the right still holding the lapel which is pretty easy to change to the sleeve if you so desire. It seems to work because as you pull their hand away from their body they pull it back which make it easier because they are not worried about blocking your hand. Also you can go straight to a right side O goshi/ harai goshi using the lapel I use this often and is one of the few ways I throw people who are better then me.

Also any advice on stopping people proping your foot/knee when coming in for the under hook as people tend to throw me like that or at least unblance me doing that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 5:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedycerviche
    One way I have found useful in getting this grip is to attack/fake left then from a normal grip (left hand on sleeve right hand on lapel) then turn back letting the sleeve go and putting it under their right armpit and gripping the gi the right still holding the lapel which is pretty easy to change to the sleeve if you so desire. It seems to work because as you pull their hand away from their body they pull it back which make it easier because they are not worried about blocking your hand. Also you can go straight to a right side O goshi/ harai goshi using the lapel I use this often and is one of the few ways I throw people who are better then me.
    That's an interesting sequence. I assume you're trying/faking a left forward throw like an ippon-seoi-nage? Just trying it without a partner the only problem I see is that to snatch it quickly you're going to be back on your heels a bit and vulnerable to being thrown backwards. This should be negated if your opponent reacts to the initial throw by moving backwards (since he won't be able to change direction before you set your feet) but you could have a problem if you try and force it. I'll have to try it next time I'm on the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by speedycerviche
    Also any advice on stopping people proping your foot/knee when coming in for the under hook as people tend to throw me like that or at least unblance me doing that?
    This is why I come in from the side, it doesn't leaving your lead leg vulnerable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 7:24pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "That's an interesting sequence. I assume you're trying/faking a left forward throw like an ippon-seoi-nage? Just trying it without a partner the only problem I see is that to snatch it quickly you're going to be back on your heels a bit and vulnerable to being thrown backwards. This should be negated if your opponent reacts to the initial throw by moving backwards (since he won't be able to change direction before you set your feet) but you could have a problem if you try and force it. I'll have to try it next time I'm on the mats."

I usally fake with harai goshi, if you let the lapel go for ippon seoi you loose control of the lapel which means you can't come in for a left hip throw straight away. If your oppenent moves backwards and down against the throw it wont work you need to get them coming foward if only a little. My coach does basiclly the same thing except going for seoi nage. He does a fake morate to the left makes you step the does ippon/morate under the lapel he also does this from the double lapel grip sometimes.
    Last edited by speedycerviche; 11/25/2008 7:41pm at . Reason: Mistakes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12