Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/14/2009 7:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok so this is my 1st post on this forum. i googled "bicycle inner tube grip" and behold, a cool martial arts forum. anyway, i happened to make this grip for my ruger, because i'm a cheap lazy **** and didnt want to wait for the hogue grip. nor pay the $20. the inner tube was $3 at walmart, and i've managed to get 5 good grips out of 1 tube. heres what happened with the ruger...

and my xd

doesnt look too awful bad, trimming the extra and using some hair spray to secure it helped a great deal, works like a charm.

also did the grip on my m4 and plan on doing my usp as well.

taking your time, trial and error, couple **** ups and you should have a nice grip for a lot less than what you'd pay for pachmayrs.

good luck.

fought

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 8:29am

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Inner tube grip is so 1990. I really hate those slop on grips with the finger grooves. I've used grip tape for years but now pretty all the gun manufactutors either make grips with a grip tape texture or you can get custom made tape that is cut and designed to stay on like locktite.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 8:35am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, for one, LOVE hogue grips.

I have a set on Big Daddy, and it has made that monster (.454 Casull) SOOOOO much nicer to shoot. Plastic or wood on a gun with that much recoil is unpleasant. It's like getting rapped across the palm with a piece of rebar.

I put a set on my 4" .357 and it has made that weapon much more comfortable to shoot as well.

I do agree that with the automatics and better behaved loads it's kind of unnecessary, though. But since the magnums and Casull you tend to be gripping fairly securely anyway, I like the marginal increase in recoil absorbtion that rubber gives me.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2009 8:37am

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For concealed carry I really like the "A-Grip" as it's spongyness dosen't rub all the skin off my waist.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12