Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/19/2003 9:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I don't know about the "reptile" brain, but the "badger" brain works well for me "

hmmm...small tenacious animal that likes to reproduce... Yeah, I guess that makes sense....

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    12/19/2003 9:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like the old dragon eye.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    12/19/2003 10:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hm..

Hatsumi Masaaki has written about this in his books and articles on Ninpo. Regardless of how anyone feels about Ninjutsu, most people have respect for Hatsumi and his teacher Toshitsugu Takamatsu. You might do a search on what they had to say about it if you are really interested.

http://www.bujinkan-belgium.com/libr...95/0895-aa.htm

More Ninjutsu articles, unrelated:

http://www.bujinkan-belgium.com/libr...telibrary.html
    http://www.oniko.de/archiv/uraomote/uraindex.html

Posted On:
    12/19/2003 10:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ninjitsu...thanks for killing my thread !!!!!!!!

Posted On:
    12/19/2003 10:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hatsumi... the thread dies again !!!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2003 11:08am

supporting member
     Style: Punch & Kick

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my intro to psych class we read some summaries about some studies they did in a lab. They had someone in another room hooked up by video feed who would randomly stare at the monitor and then close their eyes and the other person would click a button when they felt they were being watched. The results showed that there was some statistical evidence that the test subject could feel it. Now, if these individuals were trained to sense this kind of stuff, the results may show otherwise but I do not know of any lab tests that show this to be true.

I don't necessarily know if this sense can be trained to be anything that is very reliable but it may exist so pursuits to hone it is not necessarily pure BS. It would be nice if someone could prove it works in a lab though.
    Punches in bunches and kicks kicks kicks!

Posted On:
    12/19/2003 5:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats ryus still teaches Haragei? I know most jujitsu schools in North America dont mention it and probably dont teach or know about it. Its an interesting subject though.

"I SEEEEEE DEEEAAADD PEOPLE!"
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2003 6:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just bought a book on "zanshin"...i think it talks a lot about this sense of awareness in the MA...of freeing the mind, being in the moment , zen type stuff...i'll let you know after i've read the book more thoroughly.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.
    -Albert Einstein

Lord Of the Rhymes

Posted On:
    12/19/2003 6:58pm

Style: Pimpin/Tango-thanks Xango

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone know any other MA who teachs or test this?
    I agree with ronin that the big N and H are thread killers, and they pretty much destroy whatever credibility any statement linked with them could have (even if it is that the sun rises from the east).

Does anyone know other MA?

PD: I heard once some stories about bagua doing something like that...I'll check it out and report.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    12/20/2003 1:34am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Teacher can quite easily perform this skill even with his back turned to you.

It have both observed this and experienced it. You literally cannot 'lift a finger' before he responds. His timing is uncanny. I am not joking when i say you cannot lift a finger. he responds that quickly.

also, i have tried to trick him by delaying or changing attacks. No dice. he always moves in a complimentary fashion and right on time.

actually, it is pretty crazy...probably many wont believe me. oh well.

I dont know what it is, but it does work. I train it, but i screw it up all the time, and it is just a drill.

if i had to hazard a guess, i would say that his ability to detect the initiation of movement is HIGHLY developed. combine that with vast experience in ma, which allows him to assess potential and respond with postion and distance adjustments of a nature that they give him automatic advantage.(if you pressed your attack, he would hit you, because of his setup).

He has absolutely no decision making process, he just GOES.

and i am still talking about when he has his back to you. Face to Face is out of control. It's like chess, he is always two or three moves ahead of you. The effect is like he is psychic, it's as if he reads your mind. imo, this is the result of EXTREMELY HIGH levels of reading and positional control.

seriously, i keep waiting to see the little red light in his eye, like the Terminator. See i figure he must be getting some type of readout from an onboard computer...like a HUD. His precision is unreal.

anyways, this is obviously a vague area for many, myself included. There is however, something to it.

good thread, ronin.

Peace.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast