• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 6:44pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude! Why go anywhere else when you could train with this guy: http://www.thesmac.ca/

Anyone else remember 'The Dragon of the Celts"? Tee Hee!

Seriously, check out Tomkins. Very good school.

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 12:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Japanese

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Dude! Why go anywhere else when you could train with this guy: http://www.thesmac.ca/"

I think I pissed a little from laughter when I saw that the head instructor of that school was dressed as a gay pirate and wielding a viking longsword.
    Now do you see what I'm up against? This place has more bullshit than a cow farm.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2008 6:04am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I pissed a little from laughter when I saw that the head instructor of that school was dressed as a gay pirate and wielding a viking longsword.
    Now do you see what I'm up against? This place has more bullshit than a cow farm.[/quote]

Well then. you'll probably enjoy reading this thread from a while back, when Bullshido collectively pissed ourselves over it too.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=celtic+dragon

What is it with London and wierdos? Must be Western.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2008 5:08pm

Style: bjj brown belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Stanley started the martial arts when he was 13 with the Chinese art of wing chun. Over the past 17 years, he has studied Hapkido, the

black arts military unarmed combat system, Arnis

, TKD, and kenpo. He holds a 5th dan master rank in the black arts, a 3rd in Korean Hapkido under the Kido in Korea and he is certified in the PPCT use of force training. He incorperates his use of force training from the PPCT into what he teaches. He doesn’t use or teach any aspect of Tea Kwon Do or high section kicking. He teaches only realistic self-defense that involves pressure points, joint manipulation, boxing eastern and western, low kicking, knees and various types of striking.

What is the black arts?

Heres the link to check it out.

http://www.thesmac.ca/steve.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2008 9:18pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw that too. I call bullshit on that. Severely.

Man, I wish I was still living in London (Ont.) these days, I'd pay them a visit to see if I could sit in for a free lesson or something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2008 10:55am

Style: pak mei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no such thing as black dragon kung fu

Posted On:
    10/21/2008 9:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fighting Dirty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AeroChick - the name comes from a group here that I fire-breathe with. I'm scottish / Celtic, and I fire-breathe = "Dragon of the Celts". Im a world religions major, which lead to jokes about learning Latin, therefore = Draco Celtae
    There's your [un-needed] explaination. (You may also want to start with harry-potter or dragon-heart jokes...they might still be fresh)

The sword is a Replica blade of [again] a scottish sword used against the Romans; not at all like viking short-swords, but I suppose that doesn't matter. ;)
    If you're going to 'rag' on someone; might I suggest meeting them first? And having [any] facts straight? At very least have the courage to send them a forward of your online blabber. They might find it funny. ;)

As for the rest of any 'bullshido' called on the studio, go ahead. Open opinion is wonderful.
    However, swing by sometime when you're in town. Train with the students and teachers before you make out-of-hand comments. We're here as a center, directed both against McDojos (hense the prices - not a plug - a fact) and against the elitist such as the few who sit behind computer screens writing reviews about people and places they have never met nor tried.
    If a 'throwdown' is what you need in order to feel certain of a school's value, I pity you. But you are MORE than welcome to come train with us for free. (or I suppose we could broadcast the class via webcam if youre more comfortable at your keyboard haha, ;D )

Youll find no-where do I state to be a 'master' or even a 'sensei'. I state plainly the facts.
    I've trained 17 years with Gary Legacy of Legacy Shorin-ryu, under the teaching of Scott Bowron. I claim no affiliation with any fancy ass organization, and the very first thing youll notice in ANY of my classes or from any of my students, is my disdain for elitist and Sport-Karate. I have fun with life, which includes my art, and be damned what any mis-informed folk may think.

If you think you have better to offer - thats the wonderful thing about the SMAC, come teach your class! Its a CENTER, not a dojo or 'style'. My goal was to administer a center that housed many different schools and arts. (As the main page states clearly).

It takes courage to put ones face ('specialy one as homely as mine) out in public and try to make a difference...What have you done?

Oh and... Yarrr matey where ya hiding that booty. *covers one eye* - ha ha needed to be said. (You're right on that part at the very least. You should see my bloody coat. haha...)
    Not that any of this will really change opinions or what-have you, but I'm glad to have been able to respond now that I know it's here [thanks to a few students].

* To the fellow looking for London schools- Try Tompkins as the others suggested; theyre a great school (we have one of his students teaching here as well). Or Leo Loucks' school on Dundas street. I think its called Round One.
    If you want to continue Un-bastardized Shorin-ryu though, try Legacy karate too...They're the best bunch I found for that style in London. Otherwise you're looking mostly at sport karates.
    Last edited by Sbeecroft; 10/21/2008 9:17pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 7:29pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I'm wondering why Latin and not Scots Gaelic, for your nick name?

Perhaps you can answer what the heck is this "black arts" system that is being taught in your school.

You wouldn't happen to be involved in the SCA there would you?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 8:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see someone has posted my write up on here about the black arts I no longer run my club out of smac I'm at huron college now. As for good clubs in London it depends on what you want to learn.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/22/2008 6:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The highlander
    I see someone has posted my write up on here about the black arts I no longer run my club out of smac I'm at huron college now. As for good clubs in London it depends on what you want to learn.
    No one is interested in your opinion there "master' Stanley..or should I call you 'the gay blade'?
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast