C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 7:04am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Banisher
    I don't know how much "JKD" experience this guy actually has, but it is apparent that he is emulating Bruce Lee according to the way he is "trying" to move...
    Thing is, most people (or most of us, if you will) stopped making noises like a mating cat and holding the thumb and pinky apart anticipating an "attack" in their teens.

Some try to make a living of it as adults.

Which wouldn't be a problem, if they'd be stand-up comedians. Or scenic dancers.

When they try to teach people their nonsense selling it as practical self defense, it becomes a problem we're supposed to care about - which is why this thread is here, in our serious discussion/investigation subforum.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 8:52am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree completely! All the "mating cat noises" and holding the "thumb and pinky apart" is exactly what I mean by him trying to emulate Bruce. It is rather irritating because that is exactly what Bruce told us not to do. Besides, what many fail to realize is that how Bruce fought in the movies was not how he fought in reality.

We refer to what he did on screen as "theatrical" JKD, and all though it resembles JUN FAN it is far from truth.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 8:57am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree completely! All the "mating cat noises" and holding the "thumb and pinky apart" is exactly what I mean by him trying to emulate Bruce. It is rather irritating because that is exactly what Bruce told us not to do. Besides, what many fail to realize is that how Bruce fought in the movies was not how he fought in reality.

We refer to what he did on screen as "theatrical" JKD, and all though it resembles JUN FAN it is far from truth.
    This is slowly inching its way to a YMAS thread. Address trying to disprove his claims or it will be moved.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 10:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, here's my take

1.He is emulating Bruce's style, which means it is not JKD.
    2. There is no evidence of interception in his sparring video which also means it's not JKD.
    3.In the beginning of the video he is having his student perform the Straightblast on his hand (the Jut Jun Choy) while standing there for countless repetitions. That is Wing Chun. In JKD when you blast you are simply sprinting down the fuckers centerline like a freight train until you can grab'em by the neck and headbutt him until his brains spill out his ears (wing chun from the waist up, track and field from the waist down).

4.He doesn't show any proficiency on the ground (JKD works in all four ranges) that was the whole purpose behind Bruce developing JKD. Therefore a JKD guy trying to promote himself should be able to adapt and flow in all ranges.

5. His sparring is no different than the TKD school down the street. The biggest thing in his mind was to hit the other guy (barely) and look cool while doing it. No simplicity or economy of motion just trading blows (without actually hitting) while hopping around and trying to look like Bruce did at Ed Parkers Karate tournament.

6. It is obvious (to the trained eye anyway) that self defense is not this guys priority so it is not JKD. I have never heard of a "theatrical JKD school", JKD was developed for real world fighting ability, what he was doing is not "real" world at all. Therefore....not JKD!

In short he has read Bruce's books (most likely didn't understand them) and is trying to call whatever he has in fact studied JKD. The proof against this guy is in the pudding, and he is doing JKD a great injustice. He needs to be invited to a throwdown so bullshido guys can take a shot at him.

My instructor has never heard of him and he has trained with guys from Concepts backgrounds as well as Jun Fan guys.

If he has no instructors to back up his claims he's a liar. Looks like a dog, smells like a dog, sounds like a dog, yep..... it's a dog!

I hope this is more suited to the thread, I just don't like slandering people when they aren't here to defend themselves. However he is slandering Jeet Kune Do, so ****'em!

I'm just getting used to the feel of this forum, sorry.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 10:22am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay YMAS.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 12:44pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, here's my take

1.He is emulating Bruce's style, which means it is not JKD.
    2. There is no evidence of interception in his sparring video which also means it's not JKD.
    3.In the beginning of the video he is having his student perform the Straightblast on his hand (the Jut Jun Choy) while standing there for countless repetitions. That is Wing Chun. In JKD when you blast you are simply sprinting down the fuckers centerline like a freight train until you can grab'em by the neck and headbutt him until his brains spill out his ears (wing chun from the waist up, track and field from the waist down).

4.He doesn't show any proficiency on the ground (JKD works in all four ranges) that was the whole purpose behind Bruce developing JKD. Therefore a JKD guy trying to promote himself should be able to adapt and flow in all ranges.

5. His sparring is no different than the TKD school down the street. The biggest thing in his mind was to hit the other guy (barely) and look cool while doing it. No simplicity or economy of motion just trading blows (without actually hitting) while hopping around and trying to look like Bruce did at Ed Parkers Karate tournament.

6. It is obvious (to the trained eye anyway) that self defense is not this guys priority so it is not JKD. I have never heard of a "theatrical JKD school", JKD was developed for real world fighting ability, what he was doing is not "real" world at all. Therefore....not JKD!

In short he has read Bruce's books (most likely didn't understand them) and is trying to call whatever he has in fact studied JKD. The proof against this guy is in the pudding, and he is doing JKD a great injustice. He needs to be invited to a throwdown so bullshido guys can take a shot at him.

My instructor has never heard of him and he has trained with guys from Concepts backgrounds as well as Jun Fan guys.

If he has no instructors to back up his claims he's a liar. Looks like a dog, smells like a dog, sounds like a dog, yep..... it's a dog!

I hope this is more suited to the thread, I just don't like slandering people when they aren't here to defend themselves. However he is slandering Jeet Kune Do, so ****'em!

I'm just getting used to the feel of this forum, sorry.
    See, this is YMAS material. Basically, you are taking videos (yes, they do look bad) and making fun of the guy.

You are assuming facts (he learned from books) and you aren't providing proof. It isn't just you many of the posts have become Hahahaha posts.

I'm going to move all those posts and start from the student relating experiences.

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 5:33pm

Style: Invincibl sprit10way fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Urban Combat" Vs. Chunner

In the REDcorner, Weighing in at, ALOT over what he should be we have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcjmpdtg_gk&feature=channel_page

And in the Blue corner, Sporting a amazing similarity to the RED corner:
    YouTube - Urban combat explosive kicking and trapping

my money is tied. we can make it happen though. we just need to use slander

god im bored

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 5:36pm

Style: Invincibl sprit10way fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cant make it embed. im a retard

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 8:58pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kind of want to slap all his partners and say "STOP FUCKING FLINCHING."

Good find.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 9:54pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not a chunner. That's Emil Martirossian and he is prominantly featured in my old JKD Sucks posts, of which there are many:

Hmmm.... it seems that the Bullshido code has changed my old post links around and they don't look right anymore.... It still seems to have worked in an old quote in this post though. :*(
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast