Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 9:02am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New breakfast routine

Previously my breakfast consisted of a bowl of Raisin Bran (or Cheerios) in 2% milk with sometimes some toast and peanut butter thrown in. I decided to change it up because I suspect the milk has been the reason I have gas in the first part of the day.

Today I started with 4 pieces of toast, two slices of canteloupe, and a banana - With Ice tea, cause its all I really drink. I may have grean tea with it instead, I just don't like to have to boil water early in the morning - lazyness.

Thoughts and opinions?

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 9:45am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More protein?

Would be interested in the breakdown of the protein/carb/fat levels in that breakfast.

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 10:20am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your toast is whole grain ie high in dietary fiber and your peanut butter is made with no added sugar I dont see that being a bad breakfest. Make sure your getting protien for lunch and dinner.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 11:36am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bet your body is thinking that it just went eight or so hours with no access to protein other than your body's protein stores (muscles) and it would love to get some of that sweet sweet protein goodness. Hello gas!

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 7:21pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Boils 6-8 eggs every few days, put in 'fridge for later.
    2) Eat 1-2 boiled eggs with your whole multigrain hippy toast each morning.
    3) Grow strong.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 9:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you miss the 4 pieces of toast with Peanut butter? 4grams of protein per tbls, roughly two tbls per piece of toast, x 4 pieces = 32 grams of protein. Plus Banana (protein in Banana?). 100% whole wheat.

I don't plan on cooking eggs in the morning. I get up at 5am and I'm not in a big rush to make it any earlier.

Lunch throughout the day is two sandwichs with lunch meat and cheese. Plus Granola bars. And whatever else I throw in there (banana, apple, or cookies. I like cookies).

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 10:32pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    Did you miss the 4 pieces of toast with Peanut butter? 4grams of protein per tbls, roughly two tbls per piece of toast, x 4 pieces = 32 grams of protein. Plus Banana (protein in Banana?). 100% whole wheat.
    You're right! I missed the peanut butter:

PB (2 Tb) -- fat 16g, carb 7g, protein 8g, 188 calories.
    Whole Wheat Toast -- fat 1g, carb 13g, protein 3g, 75 calories.

Total for four: fat 68g, carb 80g, protein 44g, 488 calories.

Or, four toast with two boiled eggs (fat 5 , carb 1, protein 6, 77 cal): fat 14g, carb 54g, protein 24g, 377 calories.

I find a higher protein/carb ratio treats me right, but if you're a hard gainer you might need a lot more calories/carbs.

O, and the banana is 31g of carbs (17g of which is sugar) and 1g of protein. They're mostly good as a "golden hour" snack right after working out, when you're all set to store muscle cell glycogen.

Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    I don't plan on cooking eggs in the morning.
    That's why I suggested cooking them in batches ahead of time. :smile:
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 11:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about a Monster energy drink, a gigantic whole wheat everything bagel with cream cheese and a can of corned beef hash cooked extra crispy. That's what I had yesterday. I don't worry about the cholestoral because the extra sodium keeps my blood pressure up enough to just blast it out of my veins.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 11:51pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dunno about you guys, but anything high in fiber (peanut butter, greens, whole grain toast) is what I think usually gives you gas... but sure, blame the milk
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 2:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suspected it was peanut butter for the longest time. But, not eating peanut butter had little affect. I really live off peanut butter. I think it might be a combination though. I'm also curious if its dairy products in general.

I usually make a scrambled egg buritto on the weekends when I'm not busy and have time to cook. That or pancakes.

I stopped taking energy drinks when I started taking the explosive endurance stuff from tacfire that was reviewed on this forum a few months ago. Works much better, lasts longer, and is cheaper in the long run. But I do love monster energy drinks...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast