Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 7:36pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Monks Brawl at Jerusalem Shrine

Greek orthodox and Armenian monks demonstrate shocking lack of skillz. It's a good job they don't have to share with Wu-Tang or Shaolin. Click link beneath quote for brawl-tastic video.

Israeli police have had to restore order at one of Christianity's holiest sites after a mass brawl broke out between monks in Jerusalem's Old City.

Fighting erupted between Greek Orthodox and Armenian monks at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the traditional site of Christ's crucifixion.

Two monks from each side were detained as dozens of worshippers traded kicks and punches at the shrine, said police.

Trouble flared as Armenians prepared to mark the annual Feast of the Cross.

Tapestries toppled
    Shocked pilgrims looked on as decorations and tapestries were toppled during Sunday's clash.

Dressed in the vestments of the Greek Orthodox and Armenian denominations, rival monks threw punches and anything they could lay their hands on.

The Greeks blamed the Armenians for not recognising their rights inside the holy site, while the Armenians said the Greeks had violated one of their traditional ceremonies.

An Armenian clergyman said the Greek clergy had tried to place one of their monks inside the Edicule, an ancient structure which is said to encase the tomb of Jesus.
    "What is happening here is a violation of status quo. The Greeks have tried so many times to put their monk inside the tomb but they don't have the right to when the Armenians are celebrating the feast," he said.

The Armenians had been preparing to commemorate the 4th Century discovery of the cross believed to have been used to crucify Jesus.

A Greek clergyman said: "We protested peacefully, we stood here in the middle and we claimed that we shall not leave the procession finished unless they leave our guardian be inside. This didn't happen and in that moment the police interfered."

Six Christian sects share control of the ancient church and the BBC's Wyre Davies in Jerusalem says confrontations between them are not uncommon, but rarely descend into violence.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7718587.stm

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 9:10pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy epic fucking battle Batman!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how the Blue Energy Monks were throwing kicks at that one seventy-year-old monk who was sprawled out on the ground, and how his fellow old monks were firing kicks right back at them.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh. Circa 1200 A.D., Christian monks kicked serious ass:

YouTube - Balian vs. Guy

Knights Templar FTW.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 9:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If only they had the "jew jitsu" :5bouncy:
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 10:01pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is y they should just leave everything to us roman catholics. we're bigger, we're better organized, and when we fight, we don't **** around. See above ^^^^. also, crusades.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 10:01pm

Style: Judo / Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never seen that before! Is that from the Director's Cut that came out this past year or so? I wish they had kept that in the original film.

Anyways, this whole story makes me sad, as a christian it just reminds me of what stupidity it can foster when people don't even truly consider what they are following. Kind of silly if you ask me, the whole debacle.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 10:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    I've never seen that before! Is that from the Director's Cut that came out this past year or so? I wish they had kept that in the original film.
    Yes, it's from the director's cut.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 11:17pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watching that video, the thing that stood out for me was the huge backpacks on the Law Enforcement Officers - they are already wearing kevlar vests and their weapons seem to already be on their belts. So WHAT do they keep in their huge, stuffed-to-the-brim backpacks? Rations and helmets and APCs?
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 9:29am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone name any genuine Christian martial monastic orders post-middle ages (without resorting to hoary tales of hidden enclaves of Knights Templar meeting in the vault of the Bank of England, or Opus Dei training teh Dim Mak Catholica?)
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast