Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 9:05pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    LOL I trained more than this guy in TKD for over 4 years and I am not a BB, hence I think it is a joke. He went 5 times a week, I went 6-7 times a week plus competitions, for years... I currently train BJJ 3 times a day 5 days a week. I think either he is "the uber talented" which I highly doubt or it is just Bullshido.
    If he just had to learn "forms", well then, give me two weeks and I pass that fucking BB test. Learning form is super easy but if he had to learn how to "properly" kick, strike and block I doubt it. Therefore my over all judgment BULLSHIDO!
    How can you train BJJ 3 times a day 5 days a week???

Son of a bitch...!

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 9:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because I am dedicated? I was willing to traveled around the world to find a place that gives me that opportunity? I set my current "goal" to training as much BJJ as possible while still having some sort of life? And I am a MA crazy person in general? Maybe one of those...
    Even before coming to NYC I trained around 2 hours a day, I am just like that.

And now you might know why I dislike you commenting on MA, you rather should do it than talk about it.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joe Lewis is another example.

It is highly doubtful that the OP's subject is on the scale of Lewis.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 10:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    Because I am dedicated? I was willing to traveled around the world to find a place that gives me that opportunity? I set my current "goal" to training as much BJJ as possible while still having some sort of life? And I am a MA crazy person in general? Maybe one of those...
    Even before coming to NYC I trained around 2 hours a day, I am just like that.

And now you might know why I dislike you commenting on MA, you rather should do it than talk about it.
    Dude, I commute 45 minutes to one hour of BJJ and 1 of muay thai, on average 4 times a week. I have more months training than you I think, and I think I'm dedicated.

I'm amazed you don't have some sort of job or something that messes up your schedule, I wonder if all germans are like that regarding combat. or work or something they like.

If I fight, I really wouldn't underestimate a german.

What do you do? go to two different BJJ places? To think my line of thinking of adding training in wrestling and judo sounded obscene to some people....but where would I get the money in the first place?

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 10:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know how long you trained the bj, you posted it couple of times, but the point is, it is not only about months since you started, it is about time spend on the mat and how good you are at picking up stuff, how "tallented" you are or how good you are in understanding.

No I don't go to two places, I just picked a school that offers that many classes a day(and more) The school is Renzo Gracie JJ New York, for more details you are free to check my blog (though I don't post about my training that much lately). You can walk in at any time of the day and you will find people training there, that is the beauty of the place.

There are not that many people (I know in Germany) dedicated to MA like this, in fact even some of my trainers look at me "strange" because of my dedication.
    PS: Judo is good, but we do a lot of solid Judo (got a few players who switched to BJJ) during BJJ training and I did a little Judo before, I am no way a good judoka but I have my **** covered and know my "bread and butter".

Schools I trained at:
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 10:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I was on the line of thought of: "OMGZ international mma fighters!1"

Yeah, it's been about 8 months.plus some pre-bjj once every forever or so crappling at TKD club.

I would like to wrestle and learn some throws, but for the most part I'm happy with MT and BJJ. I'd like to learn how to move around during boxing, string combinations together, and have more sparring though.
    Last edited by tharuz; 11/09/2008 10:54pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 2:33am

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    f4n4n, you have 2400 posts in one year (roughly 7 posts per day), and train 3 times per day, 5 days per week?
    No offense, but THAT sounds like bullshido.

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 2:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are welcome to visit Renzos school every day of the week (until 25th of Nov.) and find me there, training, the evening classes (I rarely take the morning or lunch classes). I would take a leap and say if you go and ask any of the trainers or students if they know a Germans training there they well tell you my name (and the school has a lot of people training and I am a white belt so guess what you have to do to make that happen) . Why? because I am there! I am the guy who will go three classes in a row and roll after the last lesson. I am the guy who bagges to train with the higher belts because I am so keen on learning BJJ.
    I had almost 0 knowledge of the ground game before I came to the US (to train BJJ!) and I guess people who have been at the last NYC TD will be able to comment on my level of grappling and I am 100% if you ask for it, there will be a video of me going against all the grapplers present at the next NYC TD on the 16th. (Which hopefully will show how much you can improve by training at this level for only 2,5 months)
    I have trained with SamboSteve at NYCS and even though I did not showed my full potential at that MMA class, I guess he will tell you that I was doing "good". (I had about 1 month of BJJ at that time)

You can doubt me and I can see why, but this is my life at the moment, BJJ (plus social life) and hopefully will be for the next couple of years. I left my family and friends, to come to NYC to train BJJ, don't you think I am dedicated enough to train 3 times a day 5 days a week?
    Last edited by M.C.; 11/10/2008 3:02am at .

Schools I trained at:
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 4:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I envy you, f4n4n.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 5:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr
    I envy you, f4n4n.
    Get yourself to Norway and add a Shito-Ryu BB to your BJJ.

Well, you're not that far away are you ;-)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast