Sponsored Links Spacer Image

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 12:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God smote you for your sloppy blocking technique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 1:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    Bas smote you for your sloppy blocking technique.
    Fixed. Although some would say one and the same.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 9:51pm

Style: Judo / Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roid raging? Lol. Thanks for the bit of humor as well.

But no I was getting aggressive because it's what I had to do for the team. We were playing way out of our league. Our floor was the "honors floor" and we were playing against the athletic floors. Most of the guys I was blocking were way heavier or in better shape than me, so I had to step up my game.

He got tired of the fact he was trying to rush every play and I was blocking him, simple as that really.

Only on Bullshido can a simple question thread turn into a flamefest before the first page is over. I like this site...
    Last edited by resolve; 11/09/2008 10:05pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 8:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by resolve
    if it was a useful technique, something specific to a martial art, or if it was just a one-off lucky bit of hurt.
    It's usefull if you want to hurt whiny kids during flag football matches. It's not useful if you want to put someone down. Think about it, if he had decided to punch you in the face instead, the title of this thread would be "reconstructive surgery after football"...

Effectively delivered brute force > techniques that rely on pain and/or compliance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 10:02pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The few times I played FLAG football, I went easy on the other team because I actually played football in college - Div 1 - and I realized we were out there to have fun and get some exercise and not to injure each other. Because it's FLAG football.

But there was always some little Napolean douchebag who wanted to show how tough and scrappy he was. So I might end up with his elbow cracking my lip, or an eye gouge or some other tomfoolery while he would flail around like a hapless fool.

That's when I would jam him under the ribs. He was no danger to anyone stretched out on the bench.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 10:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to claim that all of the people I've injured during "recreational" sports over my lifetime - Hell, let's count the people I've injured during competitive sports too - had it coming to them.

That'd be a filthy stinking lie. I swear I don't know why I bother taking martial arts - if I really want to destroy someone, I just have to pretend we're playing ultimate frisbee or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 1:07am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    com on yuo gaiz, it woz cleerly a dedly dim mak strike!

Or maybe that karate-knifehand into ripping out the floating rib :P

But seriously, sounds just like a solar plexus thing. Sure he didn't crack you one you didn't notice?

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 1:45am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by raylawley
    com on yuo gaiz, it woz cleerly a dedly dim mak strike!

Or maybe that karate-knifehand into ripping out the floating rib :P

But seriously, sounds just like a solar plexus thing. Sure he didn't crack you one you didn't notice?
    I think we've moved past this if you care to read the entire thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 4:36am

Style: Judo / Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Lamb
    The few times I played FLAG football, I went easy on the other team because I actually played football in college - Div 1 - and I realized we were out there to have fun and get some exercise and not to injure each other. Because it's FLAG football.

But there was always some little Napolean douchebag who wanted to show how tough and scrappy he was. So I might end up with his elbow cracking my lip, or an eye gouge or some other tomfoolery while he would flail around like a hapless fool.

That's when I would jam him under the ribs. He was no danger to anyone stretched out on the bench.
    Haha! Thanks for the answer from a knowledgeable source.

So from this I gather: under the ribs when not in great physical condition = a likely winding.

The guy had a gorilla grip, so rather than hit me he just applied the grip under/inbetween the ribs. So a good technique for subduing someone not in great shape when you don't want to just break their face. Got it!

And yes I realize punching someone in the face (or a proper choke or submission or kick or whathaveyou) is 100x more effective in an actual fight. I was just contemplating what this was. SO thanks for helping me out!

EDIT:
    By the way our team got to playoffs that season.. the first time the honors floor ever did that. Mostly because we had some bigger guys that year like myself but also because we pulled off some really great strats and everyone gave it their all. Was a fun semester!

EDIT EDIT::
    Alot of the guys, including that particular team, that semester we were facing were basically guys who didn't make the cut for the team that year so they were out on the field with "something to prove". I wasn't the only guy dirty tricks were pulled on (alot of the "flag pulls" ended up being tackles, one receiver got his neck cranked hard, lots of shins kicked, etc).
    Last edited by resolve; 11/13/2008 4:43am at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12