Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 8:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NYC BJJers...

Do any of you know or know of a black belt called Tony Gagliano?

Possibly from Westchester or Rockland Counties...?
    Last edited by RobT; 11/08/2008 8:16pm at .

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 8:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who is he a BB under? That would help a lot.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 8:40pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't he the "BJJ Blackbelt" who appears in the John Perkins Guided Chaos DVD's to show how helpless a BJJ guy is against Guided Chaos (barf).
    Last edited by joecos; 11/08/2008 9:27pm at .

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 9:24pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never heard of Tony Gagliano, but I googled him and found a thread at another forum where you quote one of his acolytes as having said:

I've rolled with Fabio Clemente, Babs Olakanosin, [ ... ]
    I train with Fabio and Babs at Alliance NYC. Can you point me to the YouTube thread where this comment came up?
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 5:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've all guessed right, this is a name someone from Guided Chaos threw up when I asked which black belts train with them. He claimed this guy is a BJJ bb and also a 3rd degree in Guided Shite. No info on who he is a bb under or where he trains though (I assume most bbs in the area are Renzo, Serra or Alliance?).

This was his Youtube messge to me;

I've rolled with Fabio Clemente, Babs Olakanosin, Roni Cardozo (RIP) and Josh Griffiths personally as a jiu jitsu student also Nardu Deborah. All blackbelts I believe. Each one is an amazing fighter.

Fabio Clemente is my friend and teacher i'm a blue belt under him but haven't trained since 2003. I've rolled with Royler Gracie and Fabio Gurgel at seminars. A guy named Tony Gagliano trains with John Perkins and he also has a BJJ blackbelt and is 3nd degree with us.

I've personally worked out with purple belt Justin Callen and brown belt Glen Genovas and neither could take me down without serious damage that I had to spare them and they both know it. And one guy in my manhattan training group is at least a blue if not purple with Renzo Gracie. He's 3rd degree with us. bjj isn't some big secret to us... now do you know the first thing about what we do and what GC is about? No you don't. You won't even attend a seminar thats in your own backyard. Fine okay then at least read the book before you start popping off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 5:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrusher
    I've never heard of Tony Gagliano, but I googled him and found a thread at another forum where you quote one of his acolytes as having said:

I train with Fabio and Babs at Alliance NYC. Can you point me to the YouTube thread where this comment came up?
    It was via PM on Youtube. I just asked him which bb's had trained with Guided Chaos and his full response is as above (which I think is the quote you found on the EFN forum?). The guy's username on YT is skywalkr2000

I've now asked him 3 times (I think) who Gagliano is a bb under and no response to that question.

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 8:20am

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobT
    No info on who he is a bb under or where he trains though (I assume most bbs in the area are Renzo, Serra or Alliance?).
    Gagliano didn't get his blackbelt at Alliance. Beyond that, who knows?

I've personally worked out with purple belt Justin Callen and brown belt Glen Genovas and neither could take me down [ ... ]
    I don't know Justin Callen, but records indicate that he was a Featherweight (10 stone) blue belt under Fabio in 2004 (maybe he got his purple after that?). Glen Genovas is a traditional JJ instructor at a school that hired a Renzo brown belt to teach BJJ a couple times a week.

guy's username on YT is skywalkr2000
    OK, I read through some of the YT comment spew. His comments lead me to believe he trained at Alliance at some point, but I don't know for how long, how long ago, &c.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 10:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hadn't noticed him on the video page before... there it claims Tony Gagliano is a black belt in MMA. lol