Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 2:37pm

Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My times at Jiri San.

Well this summer for a graduation gift my Parents sent me to Korea and i had the chance to chance to train at Sam Sung Gung with Han Pul Sun Sah, i was psyched because i heard nothing but good things about his training regimen and his prowess with the sword and his Taekkyun. My Aunt called a couple of months ahead to assure me a spot and after a few days of visiting Family in Busan and Jinju we headed west to Jiri San i can remember my ears popping as we drove up the winding mountain roads. The View was amazing lush green mountains covered in mist which psyched me up more to think i would train in such a awesome enviroment.

As we began reaching Sam Sung Gung we stopped by Chung Hak Dong a Korean boarding school to say hello to my little cousin Ji San who had been staying their for several months i was thouroughly amazed at how much he grew from the last time i visited. Afterwards the Sun Saeng Nim and Sa Mo Nim invited us to some tea i think it was some type of grain, after that we had lunch at the school it was good but but no meat all vegetarian and organic.

Upon leaving Chung Hak Dong we traveled the 5 kilometers to Sam Sung Gung and met with Han Pul Sun Sah's wife for a personal interview she asked me questions along the lines of why do you want to train here, have you had prior martial arts expirience etc etc.
    During the interview she served us green tea in the korean style which was pretty good as it was primo stuff from Ha Dong. Afterwards she said i passed the interview but i would have to wait to train as some students from Seoul University had priority over me for some reason. That made me kind of upset because my Aunt reserved my spot earlier than the uni students then the Sam Mo Nim explained that there was a change in the students calender or some **** so i had to wait another month and start some time in the middle of July. No biggie.

We walked around Sam Sung Gung the place is amazing waterfalls, walls of stones made by hand you couldnt help but be overwhelmed by the beauty of it this is when i got a little pissed that i couldnt start right away and was saying things like "imma take out them uni students when i get here" stupid immature things that looking back im ashamed i uttered... So then we left and it was decided that i would stay at Chung Hak Dong as a pseudo english tutor.

My first and olny week at Chung Hak Dong was spent waking up with the Kids at 6 am running to Sam Sung Gung and jogging back followed by squats, push ups, dive bombers crunches and leg raises. After that i ate breakfast then the Archery practice came, over the Month i was supposed to learn how to make a bamboo and horn bow but i never got to that... around twelve i helped the Sun Saeng Nim with chores like cutting firewood, weeding the garden and chopping down bamboo. later on when the kids came back we would hold conversations i would help them with vocabulary then we would play ssireum, soccer or some physichal activity around 6 is when i would go to the bamboo forest and just start hitting the larger bamboo stalks.

It was quite fun actually and i was enjoying my wait till i could start going to train at Sam Sung Gung but on Friday my Mother called and said my Uncle was in a car accident she was crying she said he was missing part of his chin and his face was so swollen and was in a coma. Upon hearing this the Sun Saeng Nim took me and picked up my cousin we had to lie to him until we got to the university hospital what i saw their was unbelievable all the family was their and every one was crying after seeing my uncle i started to cry when my Emo Bu said be a man and set an example but i couldnt help but shed quite a few tears. looking back now we were all hoping for a miracle for the impossible but i now finally understand when i was holding my uncles hand he was gone, but anyways still hoping and praying we sent him to baek bae won in Busan were we learned their was no hope his lungs were decaying on life support.

The Funeral ensued the following wensday as my uncle had no sons or wife the duties of the eldest son fell upon me being the eldest blood nephew, i still remember walking down the church isles holding his picture and taking his casket to be cremated. Its weird tho he always knew he was going to die young, now they are setting up a scholarship foundation for him and publishing his poems just when people started to read his poetry a drunk driver took his life, if my uncle olny wore his seatbelt he would have been alive let this be a lesson buckle up always.

sorry if you were expecting some bad ass tale of training in the mountains maybe next year.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hah, good green tea? We took back a bunch from our trip to China last year. Interesting post. I didn't know **** like this even existed.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 8:57am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToUnderstand
    sorry if you were expecting some bad ass tale of training in the mountains maybe next year.
    My condolences on your loss. It was good that you were there to take over the duties though I know that means a lot to the family. Just getting back from Korea less than a month ago I know how tranquil and beautiful those mountains were. Sounds like your time there was well spent.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 9:03am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had videos of Hanpul-seonsa on my YouTube page, but YogaMeditation was using them for his bullshit so I had to delete them. I won't allow a living legend like to be used for profit.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 11:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    I had videos of Hanpul-seonsa on my YouTube page, but YogaMeditation was using them for his bullshit so I had to delete them. I won't allow a living legend like to be used for profit.
    Who is YogaMeditation?
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 11:24am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The ChosonNinja of Korean Daoism...oh and...

SEARCH FUNCTION N00B!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 1:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The ChosonNinja of Korean Daoism...oh and...

SEARCH FUNCTION N00B!
    Please feel free to pick which side of my ass you can kiss. :bootyshak
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 1:15pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More like kick your ass since you passed up a perfectly good opportunity to hook me up with Eugene.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 1:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More like kick your ass since you passed up a perfectly good opportunity to hook me up with Eugene.
    Yes, but I may have a new opp for you. I just found out, some singer/actress (whose name I can not remember for the life of me but uses a butterfly for her "signature") parents own the eye glass shop in Jeonju where I get my eye glasses from. Next time my in-laws are there picking me up a pair of glasses I'll see if I can get the 411 on her. Her parents know who I am because I'm the only miguksaram that has purchased glasses from them. They still remember me when I went back last time after 7 years.ha.ha.ha

Oh that Choson Ninja is an idiot. I need to check my old emails on myspace, but I'm pretty sure he was the one that tried to ask me to be in his secret society of ninjas.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 1:38pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Butterfly?

Not ringing bells here...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast