Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 5:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Japan currently has the highest life expectancy in the world. Some credit this to their diet of low fat and a excessive amount of green tea intake (~6-10 cups a day).

I drink about 2-3 cups a day and am able to maintain nearly the same weight I had coming out of army basic training without nearly the workload.

Even if you disregard the potential weight loss benefits, it is a fact that green tea has antioxidants that may help prevent cancer. Also, its better than soda.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 11:20am

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, soda was my big addiction. It was harder for me to quit drinking soda than it was for me to quit smoking. I just went to Costco yesterday and bought a lot of Green Tea. I bought over a hundred bottle of Diet Lipton Green Tea($10 for a 24 pack) and countless teabags. Who ever it was on this site who told me to get a costco membership THANK YOU. I have saved so much money on my diet.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 11:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read a paper a while ago that I think Men's Health mentioned saying that the beneficial effects of green tea are completely non-existent when mixed with Milk. Personally I think it tastes fine on its own, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dozer
    Who ever it was on this site who told me to get a costco membership THANK YOU. I have saved so much money on my diet.
    *bows*
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 2:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was Russ? I am not surprised. Thanks man.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 3:14pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty
    I switched to it for a bit at work. Whilst nice I didn't see any beneficial effects. Then again this could be because I usually drink 6 - 8 mugs of normal tea every day anyway which has been shown to have a lot of the benefits of green tea (supposedly...)
    White Tea, Green Tea, Oolong Tea, and Black Tea are all the same plant: the Camellia Sinensis tea plant,

but they're oxidized or treated in different ways for different periods of time;

different green teas use different processes for stopping the oxidation process early (i.e. steaming, pan-frying, flash-drying, etc).

It would make sense that black tea would have many of the same benefits as other Camellia Sinensis leaf products.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 10:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn I love this site lol. So much better than the yardtards at Sherdog. I learn something new every time I log in.
    Last edited by Big Dozer; 11/10/2008 10:17am at .

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 10:30pm

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dozer
    Yeah, soda was my big addiction. It was harder for me to quit drinking soda than it was for me to quit smoking. I just went to Costco yesterday and bought a lot of Green Tea. I bought over a hundred bottle of Diet Lipton Green Tea($10 for a 24 pack) and countless teabags. Who ever it was on this site who told me to get a costco membership THANK YOU. I have saved so much money on my diet.
    I never drink soda anymore. Ever. Seriously, I think the last one I drank was a root beer in Iraq almost two years ago. The weirdest thing is, once you no longer have it in your diet, you don't miss it at all.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 11:25pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775
    I never drink soda anymore. Ever. Seriously, I think the last one I drank was a root beer in Iraq almost two years ago. The weirdest thing is, once you no longer have it in your diet, you don't miss it at all.
    mixed drinks... that's about the only thing to use soda with anymore
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2008 1:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some diet soda every now and then keeps my soda needs at bay. I cant tell the difference after many years of not drinking non-diet soda that's not mixed in alcohol.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast