222416 Bullies, 5004 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 166
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,109

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 12:17pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  2. EmetShamash is offline
    EmetShamash's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    516

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 12:31pm


     Style: Chinese Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NOOOOOOO! Not Toucan Sam! Save the koala! Be friends with your mammal cousin monkey!

  3. Horus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    335

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 2:33pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no health benefits or any other good reason to eat meat.* "Our ancestors did it" seems to be the best anyone can come up with. You just need to find the right things to replace it.

    *Except that it tastes lovely
  4. Skillful is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    718

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 4:11pm


     Style: Jiu Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus
    There are no health benefits or any other good reason to eat meat
    You are 100% wrong.
  5. Horus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    335

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 4:50pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillful
    You are 100% wrong.
    How? Pointing out unhealthy vegetarians is pointless because there are a lot more unhealthy meat eaters.
  6. Skillful is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    718

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 5:32pm


     Style: Jiu Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Horus,

    There are more unhealthy meat eaters because there are more meat eaters. There are more unhealthy meat eaters than there are total vegetarians, by many orders of magnitude. That's not a counterargument to the fact that meat provides complete proteins, vitamin B12, and the minerals iron, zinc, and magnesium, for a few examples that are very difficult (although perhaps not impossible) to get from eating exclusively non-animal based foods.

    Start here http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstru...tarianism.html and let me know if you would like further sources of information.
  7. Scott Larson is offline
    Scott Larson's Avatar

    Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,807

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 5:48pm


     Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this going to turn into one of these debates again?

    Can we just say you both have valid points?
    ________________________________________

    Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

    http://www.buffalokungfu.com


    http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com
  8. EmetShamash is offline
    EmetShamash's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    516

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 5:54pm


     Style: Chinese Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What? Where's the beef? This conversation just makes me itch for a big sausage to be inside me.

    No, seriously though, you are wrong times infinity! Ha! I win.
  9. Horus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    335

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 6:41pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillful
    Horus,

    There are more unhealthy meat eaters because there are more meat eaters. There are more unhealthy meat eaters than there are total vegetarians, by many orders of magnitude. That's not a counterargument to the fact that meat provides complete proteins, vitamin B12, and the minerals iron, zinc, and magnesium, for a few examples that are very difficult (although perhaps not impossible) to get from eating exclusively non-animal based foods.

    Start here http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstru...tarianism.html and let me know if you would like further sources of information.
    Those seem to be arguments against veganism though, not vegetarianism. With the range of food products and supplements available these days it's really not hard to get the necessary vitamins and protein without eating meat. Our bodies aren't even capable of properly digesting red meat, not a good sign.
  10. TheRuss is offline
    TheRuss's Avatar

    is badder than you

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334

    Posted On:
    11/12/2008 10:43pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus
    There are no health benefits or any other good reason to eat meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus
    Our bodies aren't even capable of properly digesting red meat
    You are incorrect. These claims have been discussed at some length in this thread. If you have any questions after carefully reading the whole thread, feel free to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.