Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can I call you Dad?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 6:13am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug
    ...Youngest bb in her system ever, talented, speaks several languages, and did I mention beautiful?...
    I don't mind vegans, actually.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 11:17am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    Can I call you Dad?
    How much can you afford? I'll hire out to raise your kids?

I look at the kids that work for me or that I rent to and go ****, if only your idiot parents hadn't been disfunctional neglectful divorced abusive junkies and dumb fucks had instead sucked it up and kept the children as the glue that provided the purpose of marriage and had taken you backpacking or car camping into the wilderness of Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Hawaii, and taken you on months of trips to Mexico, Asia and Europe and the cities back East, and read out loud every night while tracing the words (got that from To Kill a Mockingbird where Scout had 'always' been able to read - it worked; before kindergarten the kids were reading), taught you or had you learn to ski, rock climb, snowboard, play chess, cook, do martial arts, and have a secure home where you could have had a chance...

And it's not money, we spent many vacations in tents in New Mexico and Maui. My child rearing theory actually comes down to raspberries. The kids grew up picking raspberries. A big patch in our garden that was picked in the summer heat before the mosquitos came out, wearing jeans and longs sleeved shirts. They'd make about one hour then burn out after picking a couple quarts and eating as much. Mom and I would make it another hour before we burned out. And we'd have raspberry jam, smoothies, syrup, and a stash in the freezer. This was normal, twice a week behavior for years. Once when backpacking with another family their kids were whining away and I realized that those brats wouldn't last ten minutes picking raspberries.

And Tonuzaba, do you know that they smell better, too?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 1:45pm

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle66
    If you're poor and starving, do yourself a favor and drop the veg thing until you can afford proper food. You need all the high quality protein you can get when your not getting enough to eat.
    I'm sorry, but please clarify what you meant here. It sounds like you're putting protein as the main source of energy for a person. "High quality" proteins (by high quality I assume you mean flesh based) have always been luxury items nutritionally.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    So Vegetarian, not Vegan, right? Because Vegans can go suck a fucking exhaust pipe.

I'd probably attribute the weight gain to age. Just be careful as you creep towards your 30's because body fat is a bitch to get off as your metabolism slows down
    ^^^ This.

I was flatlining at 100lbs until I was 21. Then I went to 120lbs, then started lifting and went to 150lbs and then down to 145lbs... eating nothing but Macdonald's (and whatever crap I could afford when I was in college... usually bagels and chicken broth off a vending machine, which incidentally was always kinda greenish... I **** you not.)

Hedge, there are always spikes in weight gains at the early 20s, mid 20s, and 30s. And 30's is the bitch. You can get fat easily even on a vegetarian diet so be careful.

Also, try to give more details regarding the composition of you diet. If you are really, really curious about whether your vegetarian diet has helped you weight gain, give some details. Like anything, there are good and bad diets, even if they are vegan/vegetarian.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug
    ...And Tonuzaba, do you know that they smell better, too?
    Unfortunately I've never had the chance to make a broad enough smell-study to be able to compare.

Are we talking any specific smells here?

Also, bigup for the rapsberry theory (in practice).

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 2:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit....

hmmmmmmm, I wrote something and then, uh, decided that we can all sit back, smoke a j, and
    YouTube - Hurricane - Bob Dylan
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 11/08/2008 2:14pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 2:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that I have anything like that. I wish. I mean years ago I wished. Maybe Obama will hook me up?

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    1: Weighed myself tonight. Since I started lifting near a year ago i've gone from 147# to 165#. On a vegetarian diet, that's progress.
    Nuts and dairy are your friend.

2: Why do disgusting Gis smell like ammonia?
    If your sweat smells like ammonia then it might be a sign your body is breaking down protein instead of fatty acids or glycogen. Maybe you're not eating at the right times relative to training or something.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 6:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tend to presume the ammonia smell is just down to drying out your gi, then soaking it in more sweat... rinse and repeat. You get such an incredible build up of stench, it's like breathing bleach wih a side serving of BO. Eugh.

And I don't have a problem with veganism. There are plenty of agenda-driven meat eaters (you know, the desperate need to give vegatarians **** because of perceived judgement), vegatarians and vegans.

I was a (strict) vegetarian for 7 years: I have neither the self-control nor the inclination to be vegan. I am a major soft touch about hunting but am fairly keen to have a go at deer with my bow at some point. So yeah, there goes the "no kill, ever" part. But one day I'd like to limit my intake to free range/home killed animals only as I really do not approve of intensive farming.

Of course right now I'm hungry and thinking about a big fat steak... mmm...
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast