C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 2:45pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmetShamash
    OK, what the ****? Why am I an anti-semite?
    Hey, we're supposed to say that to anyone that disagrees with us (or threatens to eat us and our family), aren't we? :icon_sunn

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 3:00pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sigh...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 10:44am

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by H TO THE IZZO
    I guess you didn't read the bulk of this thread (or all the ones that came before it).
    Heh, no I did, and sorry for the unintentional trolling. It's just such a fun argument that I fall into it so easily. Other than ethics I'm with ya.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    I don't think any animal could survive without the digestive processes of the bacteria in their stomachs and intestines - are carnivores any different then?
    Yep, they don't need to turn methods such as regurgitation, coprophagia, or develop extremely long and/or multi-chambered stomachs to deal with the digestion of coarse vegetable matter, nor develop molars that resemble bricks.

The argument... actually, not argument, but the fact is that although all complex animals use bacteria in their digestive system, carnivores do not require bacteria or digestive systems that can handle cellulose. Carnivores use different approaches: digestive acids. One good example is a croc or a constrictor.

By the same token, obligate herbivores do not need to develop carnassials, canines or massive incissors for shearing meat.

I know humans need bacteria to properly digest.
    To digest cellulose?

Also, while i don't disagree with you on any point so far, i don't see why the choices and adaptations of the past should influence (nevermind that, influence certainly, but limit or restrict) the choices made today.
    Just as you don't see a reason why our EXISTING biological capabilites (.ie. the ability to eat mat) should dictate the choices you make today, I don't see why they should not. And that's a difference in conscience. That's a matter of faith and ethics.

Faith|conscience|ethics|42 =/= biological adaptation.

As it's been said (10+1)! times, a matter of conscience is not a problem nor an issue to be discussed in the PT forums. The problem is trying to use pseudo-science to justify this matter of conscience by thwarting and misrepresenting the physical characteristics that we posses as members of the Homo genus, as primates, as eutherian mammals, as animals as well as make us (or our evolutionary ancestors similar or different from other animals past or present.

We developed the ability to choose not to naturally as well, why knock it as unnatural to leave off meat-eating as a habit of the past - to be done away with like superstition in the face of repeateable evidence?
    Nobody has done so. To choose is to be human, but to pretend that the ability to choose vegetarianism is scientific proof that we cannot ingest meat or that meat never had any role in the evolution of not just our species but on the entire Homo genus, or worse, to equate vegetarianism with herbivory and conscience with biological adaption, that's just stupid.

But since stupidity is a human quality, I guess that's human too.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 11/17/2008 11:24am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 12:03pm

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    To digest cellulose?
    Not certain, lemme find the info.

Quote Originally Posted by [URL="http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:LaoJZtN61gsJ:bacteriology.suite101. com/article.cfm/not_all_bacteria_are_bad+human+bacterial+digestion &hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=firefox-a"
    Bacteriology[/url]]Bacterial species living inside a human being are found in the gastrointestinal (GI), or digestive, tract. There are actually more bacteria in the large intestine alone, than there are cells in the human body. From the mouth to the anus, these tiny life forms aid in breaking down and digesting food, converting nutrients and dietary fiber for absorption, synthesizing vitamins, and degrading toxins. They also aid the immune system to develop vigorous responses. More than half of the body’s immune tissue is located in the lining of the small intestines, called Peyer’s Patches. All of the bacteria in the GI tract are expelled and renewed daily.
    Aid, not needed, no mention of cellulose, trying again.

Here: http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../mole00129.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 7:37pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arjuna, we don't digest cellulose. Stop looking. He's asking you rhetorically.

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 8:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not certain, lemme find the info.

Aid, not needed, no mention of cellulose, trying again.

Here: http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../mole00129.htm
    Quoted from that last .gov link:

Trudy Wassenaar
    ================================================== =======
    Actually humans don't contain the bacteria necessary to digest cellulose.
    Cows and other ruminants do and therefore they can digest cellulose.
    Interestingly, termites aren't able to digest cellulose either. They have a
    symbiotic relationship with a bacterium that lives in their guts. The
    bacteria get a source of food, and they break down the cellulose into
    something that the termites can digest.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 3:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    Fried chicken, good Colonel.
    FRIED.
    Wouldn't want any of the ***** broiled chicken find its way onto your plate.

COLONel. LOL
    Hey! I dont need chicken to get fat! I can do that on a vegetarian diet just as well!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 1:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Increased risk of fatal prostate cancer for men who consume meat, cheese, eggs and milk daily vs sparingly or not at all: 3.6 X's

Contamination of breast milk, due to chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticides in animal products, found in meat-eating mothers vs non-meat eating mothers: 35 times higher
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 2:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ Are those statements, paragraphs, quotes? What exactly? Sources?

Not that I'm questioning the veracity of it, but for ****'s fucking sake man, this thread is so fucking long, and all of you guys have been here in this website and forum for fucking long enough to know better that this forum is not freaking AOL teen chat service.