supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmetShamash
    I would eat you and your whole family. Obviously. :bduh:
    Antisemite. :wave:

Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    Nobody ever thinks about the way the bacteria suffer.
    I do, actually.

I wish I could be their size sometimes: the friendly ones (like Bifidobacteria) I'd like to pet on the head, the malign ones I'd like to exterminate one by one in a NHB fight.

I also think a lot about how scientists should figure out how to get cellulose-decomposing bacteria cultures into our digestive system, so we could survive on raw plant material, if need be.

No plant eating animal (from termite to elephant) can - without the help of bacteria.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/15/2008 7:09pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba

I do, actually.

I wish I could be their size sometimes: the friendly ones (like Bifidobacteria) I'd like to pet on the head, the malign ones I'd like to exterminate one by one in a NHB fight.

I also think a lot about how scientists should figure out how to get cellulose-decomposing bacteria cultures into our digestive system, so we could survive on raw plant material, if need be.

No plant eating animal (from termite to elephant) can - without the help of bacteria.
    Exaaactly. Having a long digestive system (as some vegacrionists claim we have) is not sufficient for being a herbivore. Bacteria is needed, and then either an organism develop a complex stomach that allows for the decomposition of plant material, or they have to rely on regurgitation or coprophagia (or a combination of both).

Meat eating OTH does not require such anatomical/behavioral adaptations. And either means of obtaining nutrients is just an adaptation. Entire orders, groups of animals constantly switch back and forth from nutrient extraction strategies: from carnivory to omnivory to herbivory, predation to detritivory, as they exploit niches or respond to external pressures. Each strategy has its advantages and disadvantages. It is never perfect.

This is why I laugh when I see these vegacrionists telling me or anybody that a human is not meant to eat meat because of the length of his digestive system. That kind of crap is no different from a creationist trying to use pseudo-science to explain how the universe was made in seven days.

That an animal (cow, human, whatever) evolves a particular strategy is just the result of a long string of random events, something that is amoral (inappropriate to be labeled as moral or immoral.) Most important of all, it is natural.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 11/15/2008 7:21pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/15/2008 8:39pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A self-hating one too. He's even pro-Palestine.

I do, actually.

Available on Veoh or Crunchyroll. Watch it now for college drunk hijinx and the best trap of the 2007 season.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2008 10:24pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, what the ****? Why am I an anti-semite? First I am Jewish, second WTF? Why am I self-hating? Is this because I am anti-Zionist? I am so confused...

Anyway, I should concede that I do not know enough about human evolutionary history to make an educated statement on anything related to it. I don't know enough about our current physiology either to make good arguments against alot of the stuff that TEM or other people say. I will say that I don't think that the fossil evidence we have so far is not conclusive enough to know that much for certain. In other words, I am not convinced, but I don't have a whole lot to argue with.

I hope they come out with a season 2!

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 3:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's right duder. Didn't you know? Zionists have an unconditional trademark on the opinions of all the world's Jewry.

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 4:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All our ethnographic data of the !Kung and other hunter-gatherer societies points to meat being a small minority of their diet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 5:47am

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Exaaactly. Having a long digestive system (as some vegacrionists claim we have) is not sufficient for being a herbivore. Bacteria is needed, and then either an organism develop a complex stomach that allows for the decomposition of plant material, or they have to rely on regurgitation or coprophagia (or a combination of both).
    I don't think any animal could survive without the digestive processes of the bacteria in their stomachs and intestines - are carnivores any different then? I know humans need bacteria to properly digest.

Also, while i don't disagree with you on any point so far, i don't see why the choices and adaptations of the past should influence (nevermind that, influence certainly, but limit or restrict) the choices made today.

Most important of all, it is natural.
    We developed the ability to choose not to naturally as well, why knock it as unnatural to leave off meat-eating as a habit of the past - to be done away with like superstition in the face of repeateable evidence?

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 10:16am

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shat
    All our ethnographic data of the !Kung and other hunter-gatherer societies points to meat being a small minority of their diet.
    A representative quote from one of the !Kung hunters: "From the day I was born, I was born for meat." — The Old Way: A Story of the First People, Elizabeth Marshall Thomas

The tiny bushmen (~100 lb) eat ~1/2 lb of large game meat/day for much of the year[1], falling off to smaller quantities in winter. The rest of their diet is forage, which includes many kinds of slow game (lizards, birds, grubs, ostrich eggs, &c).

[1] Health and the Rise of Civilization, Mark Nathan Cohen

I came to this thread to help you put together a healthy veggie diet for training, not to argue about whether it's "natural" for humans to eat meat. Good luck, try to eat some chickpeas and lentils, and I'm out...
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 10:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Also, while i don't disagree with you on any point so far, i don't see why the choices and adaptations of the past should influence (nevermind that, influence certainly, but limit or restrict) the choices made today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    We developed the ability to choose not to naturally as well, why knock it as unnatural to leave off meat-eating as a habit of the past - to be done away with like superstition in the face of repeateable evidence?
    I guess you didn't read the bulk of this thread (or all the ones that came before it).

Quote Originally Posted by jackrusher
    If one feels an ethical compulsion in that direction they should do it. My only gripe is with the attempt to justify that ethical decision with pseudoscience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 12:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMA won't work against multiple attackers, and bacteria ALWAYS attack in numbers.

THis may be why so many MMA fighters lose to Staphylococcus.

Try RBSD.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."