228353 Bullies, 4506 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 109
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. BaronVonDingDong is offline
    BaronVonDingDong's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lord Cholmondeley's Airfield, Hants.
    Posts
    952

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 5:29pm


     Style: Jerry-Bashing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus
    First of all, England has twice as much violent crime as the US. Secondly, I lived in England for about half my adult life (7ish years), and the US about half my adult life (5ish years).
    Besides the fact that we all understand that we can only deal in anecdotes and generalizations (unless one of us happens to be Home Secretary or Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police), I agree with Horus. When I lived in NYC, I only saw British-style pub aggro in a bar once.

    Guess what? It was a British bloke that started it.
  2. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,729

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 5:48pm


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus
    First of all, England has twice as much violent crime as the US. Secondly, I lived in England for about half my adult life (7ish years), and the US about half my adult life (5ish years). Living in England, I could count hundreds of unprovoked attacks on friends, or people I have seen out in pubs or clubs or kebab shops, or reported in the news. In the whole five years I lived in the US I have not witnessed, or had anyone tell me about, an unprovoked attack. I saw one video once of some black women harrassing a man on a train in New York, that was it. Now of course it does go on in the US, of course it does, but the fact that I would constantly see it in England yet have never witnessed it in the US (despite the fact that I go out at least twice a week more than I did in England) shows that it's nowhere near the level that it happens in England.

    Now I would like some "factual evidence" from you.
    That's not factual at all, hundreds of attacks you say, that's very interesting. Basically all you're saying is that in UK people just want to mess you up without reason, stab you in the head, etc. Even though the story in question was a mugging.

    Also show me some statistic where England has TWICE as much violent crime as the US, I'll even settle for per capita. I don't live in Engalnd or USA, although I have relatives in both. I just think it's a crock of **** that you've justified violence in USA saying it has reason as opposed to UK.

    So basically you've given me **** all evidence and just hersay on your own behalf. I don't have to give you ****, you're the one spouting this bullshit, so back it up or stfu.

    EDIT:

    Also alcohol would also fall into a 'reason' for violence against individuals, and every country seems to have that, Australia not being exempt by far!
  3. tharuz is offline
    tharuz's Avatar

    Troll 4 life.

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,486

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 6:26pm


     Style: None.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    Yeah but also you've dealt with a wider age group then me. I've had one minor confrontation with an old guy (definatly late 40's, early 50's) and a bunch of douches bages around my age through out my life time. Only time I could actually tell you a real fair 1 on 1 fight was gonna occur was with the old dude (I was like 14 at the time, and that was the age when i first started to get interested in MA, I was basically as good in a fight as Tharuz, maybe a little worse since I was 130 and 5'6). Every other time some **** poped off I would just verbally abuse the other person and wait for them to swing.

    It never happened. Even when said are-tard had friends of his with him. I've yet to have ever been jumped or in a street fight. Younger kids are too puss, stupid, or burnt out to know how to fight, let alone fight fair.
    It's too bad that I've agreed with what you have said so far, really. I guess you just love me too much.

    Anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep
    Another factor is the decline of the dance music scene - people off their tits on Ecstasy and being happy don't as a rule get violent.

    These days, it's booze, booze, booze plus heavy duty marijuana that gives everyone in a 20m radius schizophrenia and lots of cheap coke. That and the fact that the British are nasty cunts as a rule.
    I don't get what's so great about drinking, I really don't. I also don't get why people can't have responsability, it's like chaos or whatever.

    I don't remember if I was unmedicated or off my meds, but the point is that I was being bullied by a short, muscular kid. I had lost some sleep, I was really pissed, I had issues, and I was thinking: "I'm gonna fight tomorrow"

    Maybe it was one of those things you think over and over and never get around to doing.

    this stupid cocksucker didn't let up, he kept fucking with me. at the end of class he was going to follow me and talk me down just as he smiled and came close to me.

    I hit him with a "karate chop" diagonally across his throat, when he was on my left side. Then I started punching the **** out of him.

    Kid didn't bother me again, and the school had mercy on me. They weren't doing **** about his bullying until I beat his ass. He didn't fight back, I'm sure he could have won, but that didn't matter 'cause I got my revenge and I got him off my back.

    Looking back it was really stupid and I could have gotten in a shitload of trouble, and I don't want to make an image of myself being agressive. I just wanted to contribute to maybe explain how violence starts.

    EDIT: this kid had known me since junior high, and kept making a laughingstock out of me, getting close and personal on my ****, and making me feel horrible when I was the most vulnerable.

    Think Chris-Chan Vulnerable.
    Last edited by tharuz; 11/06/2008 6:30pm at .
  4. Horus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    335

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 6:28pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically you've given me **** all evidence and just hersay on your own behalf. I don't have to give you ****, you're the one spouting this bullshit, so back it up or stfu.
    Jesus dude, chill out.

    Here's the stats (article is from 2001 so things might have changed, I dunno. Last time I was in London in January I saw two fights break out on the two nights I was there):

    http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/guncontrol_20010302.html

    Twenty-six percent of English citizens -- roughly one-quarter of the population -- have been victimized by violent crime. Australia led the list with more than 30 percent of its population victimized.
    The United States didn't even make the "top 10" list of industrialized nations whose citizens were victimized by crime.
    Jack Straw, the British home secretary, admitted that "levels of victimization are higher than in most comparable countries for most categories of crime."
    Highlights of the study indicated that:
    The percentage of the population that suffered "contact crime" in England and Wales was 3.6 percent, compared with 1.9 percent in the United States and 0.4 percent in Japan


  5. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,729

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 6:33pm


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go Australia huh!

    So of those 26% mentioned in that article, were they all without reason and unprovoked? Or were there reasons involved?
  6. Horus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    335

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 6:39pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure whether reasons were involved, I'm just saying that from my own experience I've heard of a lot more violent attacks happening for no reason in England than the US, and I've heard the same from others who have lived in both countries.
  7. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,729

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 6:43pm


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I did a bit of research and Australia came up with the following as noted here - http://www.aic.gov.au/topics/violenc...s/victims.html


    In 2006 - 207446 people were victimised by Violent crime. Now I did the math for you buddy, that works out to 0.94% of the population.

    These statistics are from our Gov website too, they're official.

    Far cry from your 30%.
  8. Horus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    335

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 6:47pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The 30% wasn't for one year, it was if they had ever been a victim of violent crime. As it says in the article I posted, the contact crime stat for Australia in 2000 was 3.9%
  9. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 6:51pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    So basically you've given me **** all evidence and just hersay on your own behalf.
    Hmmm...if that's how we'll decide how violent places are, then NYC, Dublin, London and the Southern U.S. are all perfectly safe. I have been to all the above locales--some more than a few times--been out at night, in "urban zones"...and I've never once been attacked. Okay, I'm over 6', 220 lbs and polite to everyone (not looking for trouble, in other words)...but my passport says I'm FRENCH. In at least some of the above places, wouldn't that make me target numero uno? Well, based on the "survey-of-one" format suggested above, the answer would be a definite "no".

    In any case, the frontal X-ray in the earlier post shows why the kid is still alive: the blade missed the brain-stem. The cerebral cortex can withstand considerably more damage than many people realize, as long as the subdural bleeding isn't too immediately severe. A big risk comes during the surgery to remove the blade, as this allows severed vessels to bleed more freely. A delicate operation requiring a very steady hand...
  10. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,729

    Posted On:
    11/06/2008 7:05pm


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Horus: If you add up the last 10 years then it wouldn't even equal 10%. And that's assuming that over those 10 years all those people (every single one) would be seperate people.

    Vieux Normand: I wasn't aware that, that part of the brain could take so much punishment, lets hope that this kid gets a good Doctor and makes a perfect recovery.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.