Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 2:08pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me too. From things like being badly beaten up for no reason outside a pub, to receiving a right hander in the middle of the day from a guy who wanted me to give him 20p (I didn't have it.) In my experience, Britain is way more agro than the US. Partly it's because if you're out after 10pm, you can more or less guarantee that every British male you meet will be drunk, but it's also because in the US, you can never be certain who's carrying what.

There's one more thing I would add, which is that the urban environment in the UK is much more 'democratic' than in America - which is to say that everyone rubs shoulders in British streets and town centres, folks from good and bad neighborhoods alike. In the US, by contrast, urban sprawl, grid-like blocks and reliance on cars means that neighborhoods are much more self-contained, and if you live in a nice one you're unlikely to come across a violent nut-job who's wandering out of their area while walking the dog. Aside from Boston, New York, Chicago and a few others, urban life is much more demographically segregated in the US than it is at home.
    Last edited by BaronVonDingDong; 11/06/2008 2:12pm at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 2:09pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, at least he wasn't shot!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 2:23pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kid knifed in forehead head, survives, handle snaps off
    Being stabbed in the forehead is bad enough; but in the forehead head?

That's just wrong.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 2:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus
    Well that's another thing, violent twats in England will just attack people for no reason other than they like it, living in the USA it seems people will only do it for a specific reason like a mugging or revenge or intimidation. I've had personal experience of someone in England just walking up to me and punching me in the face for no reason, as have friends of mine. No idea why this is.
    For some reason i think a lot of aspects in life, in London especially, is agressive.
    I've been there a zillion times as a foreigner and then people tend to leave you alone (not the muggers ofcourse).
    I've seen some very nasty glassings in pubs in London and at least 20 fights at the taxi stops.
    It's retarded, pubs close round 11ish and everybody not clubbing is going for a taxi.
    Loads od **** ensues over a taxi.
    Even the women/girls arent too unwilling to start a fight.

I have never been able to discover what the reason is for this kind of behaviour.
    English friends of mine cant really tell me neither, they're pretty much clueless aswell.
    Only thing i know is that when im in the U.K. i watch myself 5 times more then in my ow country and ill react more agressively and more fierce when confronted so people will back off and be deterred to start **** with me.

maybe it's that: out of fear for violence everyone starts toughening up but in that process even more violence will occur?
    Who knows.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 2:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_6

That's just wrong.
    LOLWUT?

this kinda smartass remarks are exactly the things you would get stabbed for.

:-p

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 2:33pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_6

That's just wrong.
    Lol! To fix typo, either delete second "head" or insert forward slash to indicate ambiguous location of entry wound.

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 2:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    maybe it's that: out of fear for violence everyone starts toughening up but in that process even more violence will occur?
    Who knows.
    You have a very valid point there. In a sense people are thinking "Get them before they get you!".

In NY though it's a little different, either you're gonna get jigged or shot (typically following a severe beating) or nothing is gonna happen to you at all. It's weird here, it's one extreme or the other. I don't know it doesn't make sense.

That and the brit's are fucking insane. What type of a fucking moron stabs someone in the head!?!?!?!?!? What the ****!? God I really want to fucking break every bone in that stupid cock suckers body.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    In NY though it's a little different, either you're gonna get jigged or shot (typically following a severe beating) or nothing is gonna happen to you at all. It's weird here, it's one extreme or the other. I don't know it doesn't make sense.
    i think it makes a lot of sense. i once heard a statistic that 1 in 3 new yorkers is armed in some way... those numbers could be very wrong but let's say for the sake of argument that a large percentage of new yorkers are armed in some way (knife, collapseable baton, pepper spray, gun, whatever, they're all easy enough to get here despite the laws.)

that means that if you start in on someone, you had better be prepared to go all out, or not start with them at all.

i have no idea why the brits are such violent fucktards. my dutch friends tell me that the UK tourists have the worst reputation as far as violence goes. all they want to do is get drunk and fight.

it's also definitely true that having all the pubs close at 11pm is just an AWESOME idea that in NO WAY leads to more violence. idiots.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 3:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Less violence in the USA because you never know who might be packing heat (even that nice little old lady might have a .357 in her purse).

Less violence in Holland because all the anti-social types are too stoned to start fights.

Dickheads who aren't stoned and don't have to worry about being shot tend to act out on their dickishness.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 3:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just horny.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast