Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 11:06pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If home protection is your main purpose shot guns are probably your best bet.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 11:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carolyn McCarthy, what a fucking ****. I would like to beat her over the head with a "barrel shroud", then it would give her a reason to ban them.
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 12:16am

Style: Five Animal KF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know how much money you have to spend, but anyone who feels it necessary to have a basic battery, for whatever reason, should have the following. I'll put it in order of importance.

1) A .22 rifle. I would recommend a Ruger 10/22
    2) A .22 pistol. Recommend a six or nine shot Revolver. Smith and Wesson if you can afford it.
    3) A battle rifle. SKS rifles could still be had reasonably, last time I checked.
    4) A .30/06 bolt action All weather Rifle. Mossbergs and Rugers are reasonable.
    5) A 1911 A-1 pistol. Mine is a Springfield Armory. Kimbers are great guns, but expensive.
    6) A 12 guage pump shotgun. The Remington 870 is fantastic, but there is nothing wrong with a Mossberg or Winchester.
    7) A .357 Revolver. Look at Taurus
    8) A lever action .357 or .44 Magnum Rifle. Marlin makes good ones. If it has to be used inside a building, it won't be as likely to go as far as a .30/30 round and hit something or someone you don't want to.

The reason I started with .22s is that, contrary to popular belief, they are not toys. Certain members of my family were poachers during the Great Depression and they took everything they needed, up to deer, with a Sears .22. They can also be used for defense. They are quiet, and deadly, in the right hands.

For sure, get the first three, and then work up.
    Last edited by Won Dom Fok; 11/06/2008 8:51am at .

and humble, too!

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 12:56am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't worry about an assault weapons ban.

The democrats learned the hard way that placing arbitrary bans on ARs leads to all sorts of nastiness, like losing control of the house and senate followed by two-term republican presidency.

I seriously doubt they'll try that **** again for a looooonnngg time. They have a majority. They're going to want to keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

l Travel To Get Choked!

Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 1:18am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankly, I think Obama has a bunch of issues far more pressing then your gun collection. Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine/Israel, Unemployment and the Economy come to mind. After those he MIGHT decide to have a go at your AR-15.

Featherweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 1:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami
    Frankly, I think Obama has a bunch of issues far more pressing then your gun collection. Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine/Israel, Unemployment and the Economy come to mind. After those he MIGHT decide to have a go at your AR-15.
    Yes that's true but with the democrats controlling the house and the senate its going to be a hell of a lot easier to tack a gun control law/ ban onto a bill and get it passed.

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 2:18am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goon got to it before me. Now is a time for vigilance, but not outright panic. Right now its not looking like the Democratic majority is going to be filibuster-proof, and there are even a few pro-gun Dems in the mix. Even the Supreme Court justices that are likely to be replaced in the next four years are liberals anyway. They are more concerned with holding on to and increasing their majority right now than trying to push through legislation that they know damn well could backfire on them.

Its feasible that they might make a run at the 2nd Amendment once they build up enough power to start getting cocky, but it will be a few years before that happens. I'm pretty confident that I will still be able to pick up a Bushmaster ACR in '09 before anything stupid happens.

Of course, I will still be ready, just in case.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 8:03am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uhh, all you people who are desperately clinging to your belief that a Democrat Congress with a Democrat President won't try the stupid **** they did in 1994...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:h6257:

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

• This Act may be cited as the `Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008'.
    SEC. 2. RESTRICTION ON MANUFACTURE, TRANSFER, AND POSSESSION OF CERTAIN SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS.

• (a) RESTRICTION- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding after subsection (u) the following:
    • `(v)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon.
    • `(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of the enactment of this subsection.
    • `(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--
      • `(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;
      • `(B) any firearm that--
        • `(i) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action;
        • `(ii) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or
        • `(iii) is an antique firearm;
      • `(C) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds of ammunition; or
      • `(D) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than 5 rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.
    • The fact that a firearm is not listed in appendix A shall not be construed to mean that paragraph (1) applies to such firearm. No firearm exempted by this subsection may be deleted from appendix A so long as this subsection is in effect.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 8:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep it simple, SA rifle, pistol and shotgun in the most popular calibers. Stock up on ammo. Hunker down, wait it out.

When I Get Back

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Awards:
    BBOC - Big Bully on Campus

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 8:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amusingly enough, my wife was telling me that about a dozen of the officers got so concerned leading up to the election, they began ordering copious amounts of ammunition and having it sent to the station.
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast