Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    12/30/2010 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok...started reading it. ~sigh~ This is the part that sucks. I, so far, am enjoying the book, only to Chapter 6. As Mst. Weiss noted some facts seem to be off a bit, but overall, at this point, it doesn't seem to be the blow Gen. Choi up to be a God as I thought it would. In fact, thus far, it pretty much depicts Choi as a real meglomaniac dick.

It really highlights GM Nam's contributions which, from what I understood before, was the real source of Ohdokwan. I enjoyed reading GM Nam's war story and will undoubtley do some research on that.

Just for the record...he states Taekwondo is the written to describe the sport and Tae Kwon Do is written to describe the traditional part. This is wrong. There is only one way to write it according to Korean language rules and that is as one word 'Taekwondo'. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    12/30/2010 12:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I said 'he' when referring to the way TKD was written, I was referring to the author.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    1/23/2011 4:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: goju ryu, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I loved the book one of the best out there on tkd

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    1/27/2011 1:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy long legs View Post
    I loved the book one of the best out there on tkd
    The more I have read into this book the more I enjoy it like I enjoyed Race Against Evil by David "Race" Bannon. (Search around the site on that). Killing Art still seems slighted towards a pro-ITF book as if Choi was the saviour and everyone else was just a government puppet. Best out there on TKD...not in my opinoin...but it is a good read.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2011 12:18pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What other books are there on the history of TKD? It seems "A Killing Art" is the best simply because it is the only one. If there are other then please inform us.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/18/2011 9:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are papers such as the Modern History of Martial Arts. Look for articles as well as there are some books written by the pioneers of TKD. However, they are hard to find.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910