218358 Bullies, 5405 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 13
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. michael1984uk is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    11/03/2008 8:47pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Martial Arts Federation Great Britain

    My Sensei is Alex C Sylvan and he is a 4th Dan in Shotokan Karate. I still haven't received my red belt and it's been over 9 years :shock:. My class I attend usually spars by holding each other and pushing to build up strength aswell as kumite with punches, kicks and blocks. We have to count in Japanese aswell (Ichi 1, Ni 2, San 3, Shi 4) but not all of the numbers because the Dojo (Training Hall) is only big enough for 10 or 11 Karateka students at one time. Because this is Shotokan it is very difficult to be worthy of a grading and, My Sensei does not always give 1-to-1 tutition because of the high attendance rate of of 12 people in one small room used as a Dojo. Even though they have other Community/ Leisure Centers and Town Halls that they use as Dojo's all over London and the rest of Great Britain and Ghana in Africa aswell. I personally use their class at the Hampstead Interchange Studios (formerly the Hampstead Town Hall) here in the United Kingdom, because it's local to my home. Classes usually cost at 4.00 for Adults and 3.50 for Children per session. The atmosphere is lively but not everyone remembers to Osu! and bow before entering the Dojo. Their main HQ is at Regent House, 316 Beulah Hill, London SE19 3HF
    Last edited by michael1984uk; 11/04/2008 6:37am at . Reason: I'm terrible at maths when it comes to money
  2. ironcastknight is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    426

    Posted On:
    11/03/2008 11:48pm


     Style: Kendo, Krotty

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This review requires more review! No, seriously, add some more detail. Explain your scores, tell us about the training, how you spar, so on and so forth. A review without information and reviewing is not review, or very interesting.
  3. Eddie Hardon is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,489

    Posted On:
    11/04/2008 9:15am


     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, interesting. I used to live about 100yards from Haverstock School - and I've noticed how the community centre has been added....also, I'm only about 1 mile from the Old Hampstead Town Hall (I remember when it WAS the town hall).

    So, thanks for the info. Not sure I'll check it out but useful to know.

    Cheers
  4. michael1984uk is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    11/04/2008 9:27am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    Hmm, interesting. I used to live about 100yards from Haverstock School - and I've noticed how the community centre has been added....also, I'm only about 1 mile from the Old Hampstead Town Hall (I remember when it WAS the town hall).

    So, thanks for the info. Not sure I'll check it out but useful to know.

    Cheers
    There also use to be a classical wing chun class in one of the studio halls, but he left because of the competition with my Dojo, because the two martial arts instructors use to argue over which martial art was the best, and My Sensei Alex C Sylvan told him to leave and stop interupting his class (honest he did) lol.
  5. Eddie Hardon is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,489

    Posted On:
    11/04/2008 12:03pm


     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by michael1984uk
    There also use to be a classical wing chun class in one of the studio halls, but he left because of the competition with my Dojo, because the two martial arts instructors use to argue over which martial art was the best, and My Sensei Alex C Sylvan told him to leave and stop interupting his class (honest he did) lol.
    #

    Good Lord, it seems a bit juvenile...

    Idle curiosity, who was the WC chap? I'm only slightly curious as I remember posters around Kentish Town for "Classical WC" under a Sifu Pascal David. No disrespect as he's just a name on a poster to me and I think he was asserted to teach in Swiss Cottage.

    Still, it can be useful to know these things.

    Cheers
  6. michael1984uk is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    11/04/2008 1:48pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    #

    Good Lord, it seems a bit juvenile...

    Idle curiosity, who was the WC chap? I'm only slightly curious as I remember posters around Kentish Town for "Classical WC" under a Sifu Pascal David. No disrespect as he's just a name on a poster to me and I think he was asserted to teach in Swiss Cottage.

    Still, it can be useful to know these things.

    Cheers
    it was Sifu Pasco David and Yes I remember him very well as he was my Wing Chun instrutor before I moved on and wanted to learn Shotokan Karate. Because wing chun was to too slow pased and boring for my personal taste. Well the wing chun guy recently let the uk and changed his first name to Paraskevas David and he now lives and teaches wing chun in cyprus greece, Although my intentions for leaving Pasco David's wing chun class was because I wasn't happy basically and he followed me out the door demanding I come back to wing chun, because I originally wanted to learn Karate instead. And this led to Pasco walking into my Sensei Alex C Sylvan getting into a big verble fight with Pasco, which was both entertaining and embarassing to say the least. But anway I finally found out Karate was so much better than wing chun, and this is why I have never looked back since.
  7. Eddie Hardon is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,489

    Posted On:
    11/05/2008 7:03am


     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pasco David, yes, my Memory clicked in sometime last night and I remembered the correct version.

    Followed you out of the hall? Blimey.

    Thanks for the info and the courtesy of your replies.

    Kind Regards
  8. michael1984uk is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    11/05/2008 8:21am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    Pasco David, yes, my Memory clicked in sometime last night and I remembered the correct version.

    Followed you out of the hall? Blimey.

    Thanks for the info and the courtesy of your replies.

    Kind Regards
    Yes and this experience will still continue to haunt me for the rest of my life, but at sametime life goes on and my discision to leave the fraudulent wing chun class to start karate was in fact the best choice that I have ever made. Even though he found out where my karate class was so he could start trouble with me. I still perservered in Karate and still have never looked back. Even though Pasco has hired a Private Detective to wait outside and watch my every move. I'm still not intimidated and I found out about the PI using the freedom of information act.
  9. WC-VT.com is offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Yamanashi Japan
    Posts
    1

    Posted On:
    5/30/2012 1:37am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Classic Ving Tsun Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Classic Ving Tsun Kung Fu

    I have joined this site to reply to this fabricated thread.

    I am located in Japan. I have trained and taught Classic Ving Tsun for many years, and keep the standard that was taught to me by Master Victor Kan.
  10. Kovacs is online now
    Kovacs's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,539

    Posted On:
    5/30/2012 2:33am


     Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-VT.com View Post
    I have joined this site to reply to this fabricated thread.

    I am located in Japan. I have trained and taught Classic Ving Tsun for many years, and keep the standard that was taught to me by Master Victor Kan.
    How do you know it's fabricated?
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

    "You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.