Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2008 6:33pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Green Tea, is it all its cracked up to be?

I heard Green Tea was supposed to be really good for you. I have been drinking a lot of it, but although its refreshing, the only real thing it has been doing is making me pee more.

Posted On:
    11/07/2008 6:38pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The caffeine content is just right for me. Coffee gives me headaches, but Green Tea is just right. I've also been drinking it for (supposedly) it helps with weight loss.

I'm not going to say that it really helps, but I have lost about 8 lbs over the past few months. Of course eating healthier and upping the workout adds to that as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2008 6:42pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like green tea, but like yerba mate better. I'm not sure about how much it helps in weight loss, but I personally haven't had any problems with it.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    11/07/2008 6:48pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Start with Wikipedia for an overview, check the reference links for credibility and strength of the evidence...

Me, I drink it because it gives me the caffeine I need to function at work, its lower caffeine levels compared to coffee means that I can drink more of it, I don't need any sweetener to enjoy it (unlike coffee, which I prefer with sugar), cutting down on empty calories, and it's rather kinder to my intestinal system.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/07/2008 7:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've been drinking it at work for the last month and really like it a lot.

for me, the important part was getting some decent tea. i really like the powdered green tea that i got at conveyor sushi in tokyo. you put a tiny spoonful of it in the cup, add hot water, let it sit for a few, and don't drink the stuff at the bottom.

i found some of it here at the local jas mart and have been loving it, but i really suggest going with some decent quality tea. quality makes a big difference, just like coffe.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    11/07/2008 8:23pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its considered an antioxidant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antioxidant
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2008 9:58pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    i've been drinking it at work for the last month and really like it a lot.

for me, the important part was getting some decent tea. i really like the powdered green tea that i got at conveyor sushi in tokyo. you put a tiny spoonful of it in the cup, add hot water, let it sit for a few, and don't drink the stuff at the bottom.

i found some of it here at the local jas mart and have been loving it, but i really suggest going with some decent quality tea. quality makes a big difference, just like coffe.
    Thanks guys. Wether it helps or not, I like it so I will keep drinking it. Plus, its prolly better for me than soda.

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 12:59am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drinking some right now as a matter of fact. I don't know if it has had any beneficial effects, but it can't hurt.

As a general rule, though, brew it fresh and avoid anything that comes in a can or a bottle.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 1:25am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arizona is t3h d3biL! I used to love the stuff, until I realized how much corn syrup they add to that stuff. It's basically syrup and green tea. yech.

I agree with mrm and urge you to brew your own. Just get some bags or leaves from a nearby grocer and enjoy.

Posted On:
    11/08/2008 3:28am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I switched to it for a bit at work. Whilst nice I didn't see any beneficial effects. Then again this could be because I usually drink 6 - 8 mugs of normal tea every day anyway which has been shown to have a lot of the benefits of green tea (supposedly...)
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast