• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 6:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If somebody cave man rushes you... What is a good counter?

When someone is just rushing at you from like 5-10 yards away, coming at you like he wants to hit you. What is the good technique to use?

Should you blast into him with a double leg take down? Pretty sure he would fly with all that momentum

Should you wait wait wait untill he's close, then sort of sidestep and lowkick his legs from under him?

So far I've just evaded evaded untill he kinda has to stop his forward rush and stay intoi the boxing range, then just beat him up a little

what are your ideas?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 6:34am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take up judo.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 6:38am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Masta_Chai
    When someone is just rushing at you from like 5-10 yards away, coming at you like he wants to hit you. What is the good technique to use?

Should you blast into him with a double leg take down? Pretty sure he would fly with all that momentum

Should you wait wait wait untill he's close, then sort of sidestep and lowkick his legs from under him?

So far I've just evaded evaded untill he kinda has to stop his forward rush and stay intoi the boxing range, then just beat him up a little

what are your ideas
    ?
    My ideas is that you think too much about this ****.

I also think that - assuming the stuff I highlighted in yellow in your post is true and not your literary work of fiction - that it is a good strategy for the type of situations you are referring to.

I also think that you should train more so that you stop thinking solely about techniques and moves of the form "what would I do if someone does this?"
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 6:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IN BEFORE "SWEEP THE LEG"...

Realistically, as El Macho says, your boxing should give you the sidestep/hook combo (which I think is up down down down left 'A' button) should cure all ills.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 6:57am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use Aikido
    I'm pretty sure Aikido is the only thing to use when someone retardedly caveman rushes you.

That judo **** doesn't work.... losers

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 6:57am

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone charges you like an uncultured buffoon, the proper thing to do is to drop a banana peel into his path, which will unfailingly cause him to lose his footing and drop to his buttocks, then, in a single graceful motion, whip up your cane and use the tip to adjust your top hat, then solidly crack the ruffian across the crown for his trouble.

Then go down to the gentleman's club, acquire yourself a snifter of brandy, have a calming pipe of fine tobacco, and peruse the local paper to read up on recent happenings.

Good day to you, sir!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 7:03am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironcastknight
    If someone charges you like an uncultured buffoon, the proper thing to do is to drop a banana peel into his path, which will unfailingly cause him to lose his footing and drop to his buttocks, then, in a single graceful motion, whip up your cane and use the tip to adjust your top hat, then solidly crack the ruffian across the crown for his trouble.

Then go down to the gentleman's club, acquire yourself a snifter of brandy, have a calming pipe of fine tobacco, and peruse the local paper to read up on recent happenings.

Good day to you, sir!
    Bartitsu? Brilliant! simply Brilliant!

Ya know, why is it two men can't legally fight to the death?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 7:12am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SBK...duh...

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 7:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cavemen Rush huh?

Well I would try and light a fire. Cavemen are impressed by fire, when they fall down top worship me as a fire bringer I would kick them in their teeth. Although being a caveman I doubt they would have many

I would then crack some kind of Geiko joke

It would be epic.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 7:17am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gecko?
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast