Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    12/18/2008 10:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my favorite thing i've ever heard in a gym locker room was said by one old naked man to another old naked man.

"wow tom, your nuts are sagging lower than my wife's tits."
    "yeah paul, you can suck my saggy nuts"
    "why don't you just pull them up and suck them yourself."

at which point i bolted for the showers because i just couldn't hold in the lulz anymore.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    12/18/2008 8:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate people that take Emevas seriously, but I also hate people that don't take his advice.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    12/18/2008 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jake8267
    The reason we hate the people who don't take the gym seriously enough is because they get in the way.
    I imagine they most likely thing the same of you. Like really, my point is, what is the acceptable level of taking the gym seriously? Because apparently there is one, because people are getting mad at people for both not taking it seriously and taking it too seriously, so I'm wondering what the "proper level" is so that I don't offend anyone in the gym. Am I supposed to lift with a lot of intensity but not a really great plan, to balance things out, or maybe show up with only my powerlifting belt but no chalk to show that I'm "cool" and not taking this stuff too seriously?

The reason we hate the people who take it too seriously is the same reason we make fun of anyone who takes anything that seriously - they look and act like morons.
    Also, those who take themselves too seriously are just so much fun to mess with.
    Kinda like the folks that would post on a martial arts board that's about rooting out fraud in the martial arts? I mean, that's taking martial arts pretty seriously.

Seriously, this thread just shows a healthy dose of misanthropy for everyone.
    Last edited by Emevas; 12/18/2008 9:06pm at .
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 8:01am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the gym I did my instructor assessment in they have a machine that you stand on which vibrates. It's apparently amazing for shifting fat....

I scoffed and voiced my contempt quite loudly. Can anyone tell me whether it does actually do anything?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 8:39am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    In the gym I did my instructor assessment in they have a machine that you stand on which vibrates. It's apparently amazing for shifting fat....
    Geez, anytime I shake stuff to make it shift, it's so that stuff settles to the bottom. Two weeks on that machine and you'll have six-pack abs, along with gigantic feet.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I scoffed and voiced my contempt quite loudly. Can anyone tell me whether it does actually do anything?
    I've heard a fair bit about this machine (can't for the life of me remember its name, though). Last thing I saw on the subject was that it had a positive effect on bone density.

Call me old-fashioned, but my preference would be to use a wobble board or Swiss/bosu ball instead, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 10:54pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Daniel Moraes swears by it in Arte Suave vol. 1

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 4:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to lift at a gym next to a bar... During the week it was a great gym . I went at night and did 3 day 1 off slpits. Every time I landed a day on a friday or sat. which was quiet often I would arrive around 8 or 9 and the gym would get flooded with drunk ass holes trying to keep their biceps pumped up. These guys would come in do set or two go to the bar have a few beers and come back and do 1 or two more sets. These are also the same jackasses that if I would see at the bar hitting on every girl that passed and leaving with the fattest ugliest girl in the whole place after they struck out all night. Weighing about 220 solid from roids and struggling with 225 on the bench and have legs the size of my forearms lol..... GYM PEOPLE REALLY DO SUCK

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 8:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillful
    Daniel Moraes swears by it in Arte Suave vol. 1
    Do you know what that machine is called?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/20/2008 9:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin
    Do you know what that machine is called?
    I think it's called a Power Plate.

Edit: And this is the study I was thinking of.

1) It's likely the Power Plate people paid for the study.
    2) They didn't quite compare apples to apples - it sounds like the non-WBV resistance group was doing leg press/leg extensions, whereas the WBV group was doing various bodyweight things (squats, lunges, etc.).
    Last edited by TheRuss; 12/20/2008 9:54pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 ... LastLast