Our Sponsors:

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 30313233 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2008 3:03pm

Style: Not Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty much all of my gripes (and btw this thread is one of the best of all time i'd say) have been stated before but I think the worst is definitely the old naked man parading around the locker room. I don't really think there's any reason you should be walking around the locker room naked for an extended period of time... modern technology has developed something called a towel.

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 2:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leec123
    Always funny seeing someone light a cigarette and opening a can of coke as they walk out of the door, on their way to the nearest Golden Arches (other fast food emporiums are available)
    I agree. At least I wait till I get to my car to light up :)

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 3:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey being lazy I find that comment deplorable ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2008 10:28am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to use a big commercial gym - very fancy, lots of plastic fake gold **** in the changing rooms, a football field sized area of exercise bikes, steppers, treadmills, and so on, and a tiny, tiny weight room.

you could only basically lift weights if there was absolutely NO ONE else in there it was so small...

then there was this skinny guy with a pot belly, fake tan and hair gel, who would come in in like a little lycra singlet, barefoot, with a little rubber mat, and proceed to wobble through a precarious, ill-balanced set of yoga moves with a serene expression of calm and inner peace on his face....

didn't know whether to laugh, attack him with a dumbbell, or check if it was a hidden camera show......

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 10:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the first time I have ever been to this site, and I see this topic everyday. I work at a Gym in NC, and these archetype exercisers drive me insane. The bodybuilders just get blown up from their ridiculous protein-based diets, only to hurt themselves in the short and long term. They insist on hearing techno music, and always eat with each other. Hmm what kind of couple does this sound like? Then I see the cell phone talkers, and the lame ass dudes that just sit on a machine and watch women go by. I love women too, but they gotta get respect. Then I still got the seniors than sit in the sauna. One of them says he used to walk of the beach with Hulk hogan and used to know Don The Dragon Wilson, so he's cool with me. But overall, gym goers are people that piss me off on a whole different level. What really gets me is that its supposed to be a temple for human: strength, health, and vitality; not an asylum for lonely divorcees, soccer moms, etc. The gym is being used as a bs excuse to bs, if that made sense. These people pay a miniscule fee, but expect a resort. Thats all I got for now. Its good to be here

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    12/16/2008 10:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome. You're amoung friends here.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    12/17/2008 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by P.T.Sage
    This is the first time I have ever been to this site, and I see this topic everyday. I work at a Gym in NC, and these archetype exercisers drive me insane. The bodybuilders just get blown up from their ridiculous protein-based diets, only to hurt themselves in the short and long term. They insist on hearing techno music, and always eat with each other. Hmm what kind of couple does this sound like? Then I see the cell phone talkers, and the lame ass dudes that just sit on a machine and watch women go by. I love women too, but they gotta get respect. Then I still got the seniors than sit in the sauna. One of them says he used to walk of the beach with Hulk hogan and used to know Don The Dragon Wilson, so he's cool with me. But overall, gym goers are people that piss me off on a whole different level. What really gets me is that its supposed to be a temple for human: strength, health, and vitality; not an asylum for lonely divorcees, soccer moms, etc. The gym is being used as a bs excuse to bs, if that made sense. These people pay a miniscule fee, but expect a resort. Thats all I got for now. Its good to be here
    Why is it that we hate both the people that take the gym seriously and the people that don't take it enough?

And I don't get the whole "what kind of couple does this sound like" thing. Are you implying that they're homosexuals? Why does their sexuality matter when it comes to the gym? Should homosexuals not be allowed to workout?

This thread needs to be put away.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/17/2008 11:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Why is it that we hate both the people that take the gym seriously and the people that don't take it enough?
    YouTube - Cool To Hate
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    12/18/2008 1:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rask
    Has anyone noticed how old people tend to walk around the locker-room totally naked more so than any other demographic?
    Oh god.. the old guys at my gym stand there discussing things, wang to wang.
    Business.. politics.. bend over to use the water fountain.. talk about the weather..
    I can only look at the ceiling for so long.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2008 9:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Not Currently Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas

This thread needs to be put away.
    The reason we hate the people who don't take the gym seriously enough is because they get in the way. The reason we hate the people who take it too seriously is the same reason we make fun of anyone who takes anything that seriously - they look and act like morons.
    Also, those who take themselves too seriously are just so much fun to mess with.
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192526272829 30313233 ... LastLast