Our Sponsors:

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 27282930 ... LastLast

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 2:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD + love to do more!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh no!I'm training to be a gym instructor, just waiting for the old ACL replacement to get better!

Did anyone mention people with their i-pods? thoose people that hover over cross trainers looking at what they will play next.

Agree with grunting males...its so silly. I tried not to laugh at a man who was on the lat pull down, he was making it known to the people of the gym he was He-Man master of the weight machines!he got little attention other then me giggling at his poor technique.

Also last night I saw a lady who was on the bike with a magazine reading away and cycling like she thought she was actually going to move...its stapled to the floor love!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 7:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was at Ft. Bragg there was this guy who wore the little unitard with a ripped up t-shirt, which was kinda gay to begin with, but his work out partner called him "spike" and he would wear a spiked leather dog collar while he worked out. Unfortunately, he really was one of the strongest guys in the gym, so I couldn't really laugh too much...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2008 5:59pm

Style: Sub Wrestling/boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when I was going to the downtown YMCA there was this chunky, short, middle aged man from the phillipines who would wash his tighty-whiteys in the bathroom sink.

when I would goto the 24 hour fitness downtown I would see a gentleman cycling through the leg machines while wearing a full business suit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2008 5:36pm

Style: Kyokushin, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by talmage4
    Kias are done quite extensively in my dojang. I do them, can't say they do anything to benefit me or anybody else, but when in rome.....

But, I can't stand being in the gym and hearing it. Typically it's coming from the guys suffering from imaginary lat syndrome.
    I see what you're saying. The only thing that's really neccesary is exhalation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2008 2:31am

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate people who don't rack weights properly too. I always have to rearrange them or else I feel the world is dying.

Posted On:
    11/24/2008 10:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyciol
    I hate people who don't rack weights properly too. I always have to rearrange them or else I feel the world is dying.
    The world is dying.

The 'imaginary-lat-syndrome' walk proves it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 10:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Not Currently Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The most obnoxious gym people are the 18-20 year olds in their name brand, just purchased workout clothes, who have obviously never actually lifted in their lives, and walk in while your getting a drink in between sets, jump onto your fully loaded leg press (while discussing how much weight they think is loaded rather than just count it up) and proceed to perform half-arsed calf-raises, get up looking incredibly pleased with themselves and then crap their drawers when they watch you use the machine the way it was actually designed.
    Also the guys who come in and lift just enough to get some definition while ensuring they do not mess up their perfectly gelled hair make me want to stick their heads in a toilet or something

is badder than you

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 11:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jake8267
    your fully loaded leg press
    November is "Gym People" Suck Month - Page 20 - No BS Martial Arts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_543
    When I was at Ft. Bragg there was this guy who wore the little unitard with a ripped up t-shirt, which was kinda gay to begin with, but his work out partner called him "spike" and he would wear a spiked leather dog collar while he worked out. Unfortunately, he really was one of the strongest guys in the gym, so I couldn't really laugh too much...
    had i ever seen that, i probably would have had an anyurism trying not to laugh right in his face.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/25/2008 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmachine
    Not only do Gym people suck, but those Fck’n slackers that work at the Gym are just as bad if not worse. We all have seen the guy or girl that has no life outside of the gym and somehow gets a job as a “TRAINER”. You know those $7.50 an hour fckr’s who stand around the gym with the official trainer shirt holding up the walls with their back starring at everyone with their opinionating glare and bull shitting with the regular gym people. You ask them some question like how you could you get a tight ass sphincter just like his and the pompous prick expunges about some special bunghole routine he learned at the community college by some other jerk-off just like him. These guys always have the sleeves of their shirts rolled up to show off their biceps or in their off time wear the muscle T’s that barely cover their bitch tits. Nine times out of ten he’s the pill guy or the powder guy, the roid guy or even worse the AMWAY A-hole. Over hear any conversation and it is almost always referenced with topics full of high school nostalgia or this year’s Arnold Classic. The only regular Gym people impressed by the Gym “TRAINERS” are the Mary’s who patrol the free weights and shower stalls. Most of the congestion in the Gym is due to the Gym “TRAINERS”talking to the regular Gym people. These conversations can last up to 30 minutes and every damn time it when a regular Gym Dork has plopped his ass on the machine I want to use. Maybe the Gym “TRAINER” should be out on the floor encouraging the fatties to keep going another few seconds on the tread mill. There is nothing worse than to see the New Year’s resolution fatties wondering the gym trying to figure out what the hell to do all the while the Gym “TRAINER” is hitting on the Gym Skank. Gym Skank, Ya know the 30 something chick with the hot body, but a butter face who’s banged or tried to bang all the regular gym guys or gals. Maybe the “Trainer” should spot some people in the free weight room or maybe pick up and rack my weight when I’m done since they don’t do anything, but are most likely the cause of my ever increasing monthly dues.
    Gym “TRAINERS” and Gym People SUCK!!!!
    16 bucks an hour thanks ;)

at our gym the instructors consist of-
    me, former competitive level x-country runner, now a competitive kickboxer
    another dude who is an international level sprinter and does box jumps with 90kg weights >.>
    A girl who was on the pro cycling circuit in the USA and europe for 20 years
    My boss who used to run competitively, has played pretty much every sport under the moon and who was a professional squash player

we have a couple of people who are just fit and have done courses, but I guess it depends on the gym you go to as to how good the instructors are. We write personalised programs and spend hours taking new people through and showing them exactly what to do, how to do it, explaining why, and letting them know they can have an assesment or be shown anything they want at any time. I spend all the time im not in the office doing assesments walking around chatting to people, spotting people, racking weights and giving advice if needed.

so go get fucked, muppet :D
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 27282930 ... LastLast