Our Sponsors:

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 1920212228 ... LastLast

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 11:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh yeah i forgot how about "mr universe" from the stomach up but little bitty chicken legs

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 1:30pm

Style: boxing noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    I've heard of a lot of women being able to get ridiculous arches. Maybe a hip construction idea.

I guess generally when I see people commenting about an arch, they're opposed to the whole idea of an arch, not just the height.
    Not in my case. I arch my back when benching and have done for 20+ years. However, it's the exaggerated arches that, as I said (exaggeratedly) in my earlier post, you can walk under, usually accompanied by the arse flying off the bench and a wince-inducing bounce off the chest that I don't like to see. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Mike.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 1:32pm

Style: boxing noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and I've done all of the above (and probably a lot worse).

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 1:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy
    i hate suppliment fart guy, the one who smells of rotten eggs and thinks it's funny
    Didn't you comment that you couldn't wait to stink up your whole office when upping your protein intake?

EDIT:

Sorry, that was MRBadGuy.
    LOL

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 2:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK:
    Here's a link to a story on TMZ showing the actor Jared Leto, benchpressing the bar.....yes, JUST THE BAR, while wearing sunglasses and having his female PT spot him.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/11/12/jared-...rely/#comments

This is full of douchebaggery.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 4:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i like when people constantly ask me how many more sets i have on my deadlifts so they can have a place to curl :)

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 6:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was one of the top personal trainers at one of the most expensive and so called "exclusive" gyms in NYC's Upper East Side. The same problems you guys listed are very similar to the ones I experienced there, only compounded by the arrogance that some trust fund rich kids have. I made it a point to enforce the no cell-phone, no yelling while lifting, t-shirt at all times, etc. and gained numerous enemies in the process. Still because I was actually competent and knew what I was doing, I had a large clientele who supported me. One of the biggest egos I had to deal with was the one possessed by this one guy who was richer than rich and used to come to work out in his chauffeur-driven Rolls Royce, then he would curse up a storm in front of everyone while narrating how much tail he got over the weekend, followed almost inevitably by a run on the treadmill that would last about 15 minutes in which he almost always took off his shirt, started to sweat profusely while spritzing whoever is around with a healthy dose of his flying sweat.
    I would always approach him and ask him to hang up his phone, stop cursing, put his shirt back on, or just leave. Thankfully every time the General Manager of the gym got my back. Another gem was this dude who I have seen in many Health related magazine covers, who would always make it a point to hog 2 or 3 machines at the same time during primetime which is the time when most models went to work out so he could show off. The problem was that he was one of those "I'll throw the weights as loud as possible so chicks look at me". Then he would always have his cell phone with him talking to his "agent" about some big time gig he had. I would always get the nastiest looks from him when he saw me approach him but he knew if I put a complaint twice about a rule non-compliance, he would have been suspended or kicked out, regardless of the fact that he was paying $250 a month with an initiation fee of $500.

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 6:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist666
    whats wrong with wearing MMA shorts to the gym, i wear mine doing almost every physical activity i do because their so damn comfortable

but last week i was kicked out of my gym for doing turkish getups
    I agree with you. I wear my MMA trunks for that same reason. They are actually very comfortable. Actually Nike or Adidas should take note and construct their shorts a little more like MMA shorts. That being said, at least I wear inconspicuous ones. Therefore, you will never see me with Tapout or Contract Killer board shorts but I

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 6:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist666
    whats wrong with wearing MMA shorts to the gym, i wear mine doing almost every physical activity i do because their so damn comfortable

but last week i was kicked out of my gym for doing turkish getups
    I agree with you. I wear my MMA trunks for that same reason. They are actually very comfortable. Actually Nike or Adidas should take note and construct their shorts a little more like MMA shorts. That being said, at least I wear inconspicuous ones. Therefore, you will never see me with Tapout or Contract Killer board shorts at the gym but I do wear my Hayabusa or Gracie Barra shorts. They look really nice and not too showey.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    11/12/2008 6:23pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm one of those guys who screams and grunts when lifting sometimes. Usually when doing heavy lifts, (squats in particular) and toward the end of the set. I blame karate for instilling into me the idea that if you're going to do anything important, you should do it while screaming.
    I do make a point afterward to always apologize for the noise to everyone else in the gym.