What'd they say exactly?
    "Sir, this is not a clothing-optional gym."

Posted On:
    11/05/2008 6:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being lucky enough to have entry to institute of sport weight training facilities since i was 14 I have never required membership to a commercial gym though i have been to some a handful of times for some reason or another.
    Being used to doing weights in a gym totally free from anything besides elite athletes I especially noticed a lot of recurring characters.
    1) The teenage boys- strictly bench and curls
    2) The roid munchers- gods gift to earth, you are **** on their shoes
    3) Cardio campers- as mentioned heavily before sit on bike, treadmill, strider in front of the tvs and MIGHT break out a few mls of sweat
    4) drifters- no fuckin clue how to use anything but will spend a lot of time making an arse of themselves and getting ion peoples way. Being a rower i especially notice these people will always sample the rowing machine at some stage, being a leg driven action, these people thankfully rarely last longer than a minute as they hardly break their knees and thrash around.

Stuck in between these people are those actually lookin to do a quality training session but will waste a lot of time havin to deal with the above in some form or another.

If a time comes where the only gym i can go to is a commercial gym, I might just start drinking and smoking, or neck myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 12:15am

Style: BJJ/Pekiti Tersia/Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really hate when stupid women are there who hog weight equipment for 10 minutes at a time to do 100 reps of 10 lbs because they "want to get tone."

**** them.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 1:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gym people suck in many different ways, but those big-box corporate gyms suck even more. They're Wal-Mart with treadmills. Just as many fat people and maybe more TVs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 8:19am

Style: The Gentle Way

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 types that piss me off:

The anorexic skinny women (sometimes weedy men) with no ounces of muscle mass at all who walk on the treadmill for 5mins, bike for 20mins at 10mph on the lowest setting then do 30 reps on the leg machines with 5kg weight

The bodybuilder who says "Dude, you're doing it all wrong. Here let me show you..."

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 11:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh what a nice place for me to b*tch about my best mate's GF. She is this chubby, powdy, selfish and immature lil b*tch that annoys the **** out of me.
    When shes at the gym, does a few curls (improper way) skips over to the trenchmill cries about how the settings too fast and do only a few minutes (15mins a miracle). Followed by random selection of exercise routines chosen for the sake of having fun. Then she claims to be tired and go off to the change room (to fix her hair or something i duno)
    Seriously she only comes to the gym to FEEL like she's working out and doing exercise but what shes doing is just playing around...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 12:02pm

Style: FS Karate, Boxing, MT,MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anyone else got the idiot who goes to the gym then does nothing but bodyweight exercises??

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 1:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always hated the guys that would hang out in the locker room naked and talk to people. I remember one guy would sit naked on a plastic chair under a hair dryer reading a newspaper-YUCK!

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 1:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember a guy who hand 405 loaded on a bar, and he was planning on dead lifting it. I looked at him, and I looked at his legs and had a knowing smile on my face. He wrapped his wrist straps around the bar, got himself all psyched up, screamed and the bar didn't even move. He threw off his straps, stomped around, cursed and yelled. What the heck was he thinking!!!!!!!! I just shook my head

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2008 3:59pm

Style: boxing noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop_Clown
    I remember a guy who hand 405 loaded on a bar, and he was planning on dead lifting it. I looked at him, and I looked at his legs and had a knowing smile on my face. He wrapped his wrist straps around the bar, got himself all psyched up, screamed and the bar didn't even move. He threw off his straps, stomped around, cursed and yelled. What the heck was he thinking!!!!!!!! I just shook my head
    I've just made a right twat of myself? That'd be my guess
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast