Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nick Diaz Suspended for Five Years for Marijuana

In a move that has many outraged MMA fans crying "BS", the Nevada State Athletic Commission has suspended the license of Nick Diaz for a period of five years following a positive test for Marijuana.

Diaz, age 32, a contender in the UFC and is a former Strikeforce welterweight champion, is noted for his use of the drug in the past. However, the severity of the suspension has called into question the possibility of bias on the part of the commission, given that suspensions for Performance Enhancing Drugs such as various steroids, have been significantly lighter.

What do you think, is there bias against Diaz, against marijuana? Or is this an appropriate response on behalf of the athletic commission?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Completely ridiculous. Punishment should be severe for steroid use because that is actually cheating. Smoking weed isn't cheating. If I were a fighter, I'd gladly buy my opponent all the weed he could smoke.

Style
    Muay Thai / BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To play devil's advocate this was his 4th offence with the Athletic Commission. 2 already for marijuana and another for starting a brawl in Strikeforce.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The athletic commission shouldn't be regulating substances that don't improve performance in the first place.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its bullshit. 5 years is a long goddamn time. Nevada's not the only place you can fight though. I hear you can get a medical card in NV, but they don't accept cards from other states. I wonder if such a card could've saved him the trouble.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An eloquent summary:

go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    KK
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, he wants to fight the pain which lingers from fighting for our entertainment with something non-addictive, non-lethal and non-performance enhancing...and that's a problem.

The messed up part is that if he wanted to go to his doctor and get himself hooked on dangerous and addictive pain pills, THAT would be just hunky-dori. **** the state of Nevada.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    That's the most Krav thing I've ever read. That's Kravver than a ************...

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking hell this is stupid. Weed is literally the opposite of a PED. The closest thing to fighting I would consider doing while blazed would be some light bag work. And then I would stop considering it and go back to watching the 1966 Batman movie. The NSAC is a joke.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is Al Pacino expressing my sentiments on the situation fairly well: https://youtu.be/KaCMvISo7RE?t=6s

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Here is Al Pacino expressing my sentiments on the situation fairly well: https://youtu.be/KaCMvISo7RE?t=6s
    Here's a similar but slightly longer version playing in my own head.

I guess Nick wasn't the UFC version of a "Baird Man".

Page 1 of 3 123 Last