223761 Bullies, 3666 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 35 1 234511 ... LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

November is "Gym People" Suck Month

Anyone who's been regularly to a commercial gym has, no doubt, run into "gym people". (If you can't say that you have, then you're probably one of them).

They're the guys who do one set of 5 reps every 30 minutes and then strut around like they're trying to hold in the morning's oat bran. Or they're the women on their cell phones while walking 2 MPH on a treadmill, gossiping to the other neighborhood clucking hens about inane garbage. Maybe it's the infamous "guy doing curls in the squat rack" or "Mr. short shorts" who just can't seem to keep everything tucked into place while doing the leg spreader machine. Or hell, another guy who's always camping that machine, just out of range (but in full view), waiting for the ladies to take a turn.

Then there's the old people, but let's not get started on that (because they never freakin' finish and move on to something else).

Yes, like the SATs we'll give you 400 points just for showing up. Good for you. Next time, leave the cowboy boots at home, jackass.

People at the gym suck, and this month is dedicated to your stories about the worst of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gym-people.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	9512  

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 9:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The gym I used to lift at was attached to a karate place and just before a class started upstairs, we'd get a flood of gi-clad people coming down to use the weights to warm up.
    generally, they'd do wacky stuff like try and punch full power while holding stupid-heavy dumbbells and pretty much fall over, or whack themselves in the jewels de familia.

Far and away the worst/best gym person was a guy who'd come in and spend 10 minutes loading up the inclined leg press machine with about 200kg (accompanied by loud grunts and much clanging of weights) and then do 1 frikkin rep (more like a half rep, actually) and then leave.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 9:40am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My GF stopped on the cardio rower and ran past me gagging, I stopped what I was doing and asked her what was wrong. A guy had started on the alpine stepper next to her who obviouly had either a continence problem, wasn't bothered or was so inflexible he couldn't wipe his arse. He stunk of **** and her head was about level with his sharney arse.

She would not let me pull him up for it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 9:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate this guy....

this guy...

this fuckin' guy...

and, especially this douchebag.....

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 10:01am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Please tell me that guy is at a fancy-dress party and decided to go as 'lycra gym douche', or White Goodman from Dodgeball... please?
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 10:01am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am totally one of the "Gym People" ! Im the guy that likes to spend 45 minutes on cardio 30 mins on weights, and then two and a half hours relaxing in the hot tub and suana, sipping on a unmarked plastic contianer with a questionable unkown liquid inside.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 10:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Jits with hits.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    College Gyms are the worst... Everything that Phrost mentioned existed in my college's gym ten-fold. The only difference between my college's gym and a commercial gym was that it was half the size...You could only work out between 6-8 AM or 9-11 AM... Trying to work out any other time of day was an exercise in futility.

Fun stuff.

Just to add a few more types of people to Phrost's list...

1. The body builder that tells you that you are working out all wrong- " You'll never get bigger doing **** like that"
    2. The Ultimate fighter...Make the mistake of wearing Sprawls to the gym or an old tourney t-shirt and this guy tells you that he trains UFC fighting.....Sometimes works out in Afflicition T-shirts.
    3. The weight thrower- Often same as the body builder guy. Does one or two reps (may or may not be actually heavy) and then tosses the weight to the ground resulting in a loud boom. This will attract attention and help to entice the ladies!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 10:11am

Style: ju jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just wondering if the gym guys dress code is a sleeveless ck shirt and an eyebrow piercing. Cuz that is all I see the 18-25 year old guys wearing.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 10:20am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone have a "Pill Guy"?
    We used to have a guy who would make a massive thing about all his supplements that he'd take while lifting = testosterone, creatine etc...
    He'd have a whole performance theatre thing while he'd lay out his pills, arrange them in order and put his drink next to them.
    If anyone went near his temple of supplements, he stalk right over (mid set, usually) and ask them to be careful around his stuff, and then go on to lecture them how important it was to make sure to take the right supplements at the right time...

Gandhi

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's a gym?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
Page 1 of 35 1 234511 ... LastLast