Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    11/01/2008 11:56am

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just dislocated my knee on thursday. From what I have read, it is supposed to be a serious injury, but it doesn't feel that bad. Its a little swollen, but I can move it.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2008 12:11pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxattck
    I think Teh El Macho got it right, because I didnt get subed thur night, but was fighting arm bars with my arm bent at 45 degrees while I was stacking. The elbow feels fine after class and during no discomfort at all. It just swells up abit hours later while I am sleeping I guess. I think I will just start going to the gym more often to build up my strength. I have to admit I have let my strength training slack this year.

Thanks again for all the advice
    Sounds like part of your joint pain is that you still are fighting the sub to much instead of learing not to get in the bad position.

I'm not knocking strength, conditioning, and fish oil. I use them all.

But if you are fighting arms bars by resisting at a 45 degree angles, then trying to stack your way out of it frequently, you are definitely having the problem I described. The arm bar doesn't have to be all the way on for the joint to be under a lot of stress. By your description, I'd say it definitely is.

The other stuff will help, but hips will always be stronger than elbow joints.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2008 2:01pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, yeah, same as they all said heh. I take Chron/Gluco, ibuprofen and fish oil (costco, mine doens't re-fish smell btw) every day. The Chondroiton/Glucosamine is 2 per day, I take one with breakfast one with dinner (just before I train), fish oil 2 per meal, Ibuprofen I vary depending on joint pain but at least 2. I also take a couple thousand mg of C per day. Then yeah, ice if the joints got a good workout or feel rubber heh.

Great point above by Jhemsley, you don't have to have the elbow hyper-extended to be putting serious stress on it. If you're resisting fully at any angle, that's where the pressure is.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2008 2:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung fu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhemsley
    Sounds like part of your joint pain is that you still are fighting the sub to much instead of learing not to get in the bad position.
    I agree 100%, I am a BJJ noob only 3 mos of training. I will try to concentrate more on not getting in a bad position, sound advice I will be workin on it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2008 11:47pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joint renew.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123