Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 12:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

His books are kwolity. Review of Ki.

Somehow in the back of my untouched and innocent mind, I couldn't help but wonder, "is that guy, Dr. Ted for real or is he a joke?" Is it just another hard sell?

In the backgrounds of the pictures in his book on Ki you can see what appears to be his elderly neighbour, a little old granny, as Dr Ted is busy stretching away athletically in the sun. The Amazing Secrets Of Ki, just didn't seem so amazing then, because the book has spelling mistakes throughout it, and it has poor descriptions, showing that it was rushed.

This is pretty much what most of Ted's books are like. Sparse notes mainly.

But then I got to a part of Ted's Amazing Secrets of Ki, where there is what appears to be neighbours dog gloriously relieving itself on the grass, behind our beloved Ted in his picture, where he describes how to use dumbells to build arm strength. After which you see Ted showing us how to built strength, by doing pushup after pushup and situp, on the same patch of grass the neighbourhood stray just used. Hmm.

And at that point, the sun just rose up, and his Amazing book got binned, just 1 hour after I got it.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 7:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    noob, you should have scanned and posted those pics instead of telling us.
    that would have been hilarious!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 11:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Dr. Ted's book, "Amazing Secrets Of Ki." just need to take my word for it about the granny's and his push-ups on the patch of grass.

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/o...=AmazingKi.jpg

Last edited by WEE_FAT_BOAB; 12/30/2008 12:45pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 11:50am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If these photos are from the book, the dog shitting in the background is hilarious.

Posted On:
    12/30/2008 12:42pm

Style: Inept BJJer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It all makes sense...
    His wife must have forbade him taking those embarrassing pictures, so he had to sneak outside and do it while walking the dog.

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 8:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this thread didn't really deliver, although it seemed to have potential

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 9:44am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taking the mickey out of people who peddle snake oil is one of my goals in life. There is no doubting the fact, Dr. 'Mortal Kombat 9th Degree Blackbelt Kill You With My Chi Stare' Ted is one dangerous mutha. Certainly not. It's just that there is something about him.

He's somewhere in the B-Movie Action section of the video store with his "books", ("books" - used very loosely indeed, I add!) after reading his pomp the only thing that's killer is his deadly hard sell and bad grammer.

Dr. Ted just takes it to another level, a really low one, like some Pop-Idol Martial Artist with his, "100 Deadliest karate Moves", his Amazing Secrets Of Ki, you know the one with the mutt crapping in the background? It's almost comical some of the stuff he writes. Ever read his book on Chokes?

In the photographs he is kicking the **** out of some gray haired balding old man, who just happens to have his 4th dan in Judo. Why, in yer right mind, apart from being some strung-out mugger, would u want to choke some f****n old coffin dodger?

Don't even get me started on Paul Vunak's Assault Video's or the Rapid Assault Technique (RAT) system. Apparently, according to Vunak in his Vid's, we are to start acting like Rats. Errm, no thanks pal, duck sounds better. Starting with his material.
    Last edited by WEE_FAT_BOAB; 12/31/2008 10:15am at .

Posted On:
    7/17/2009 8:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Yoshukai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://mastersoftexas.blogspot.com/s...&max-results=7 Click on "Show No.5 Link" To here the intervew. Dr. Ted said that he got his first Black belt in Shorin Ryu Shorinji Ryu. Then he started training under Rod Sacharnoski of the Juko Kai organzation. Ted said that he and Rod had a falling out after he (ted) wrote his first book, the reason was because he (ted) used the word "ki" in his book; but Rod said he own "ki" and no one could use it. Then from there on he was on his own. Funny thing Ted said this in the interview: "I was the first ju-jitsu in the south basically".

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 11:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Youtube

Dr.tard has a youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/drtedg

Posted On:
    7/12/2010 11:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ