Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2008 12:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another love it or leave it idiot. Wheeeee!!!!

False dilemmas anyone? Hmmmm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:24pm

Style: Karate, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by han090
    Women do that too...but they don't get put on the front line (unless i've been completely misinformed!)

Interesting that when feminists are fighting for "equal rights" and trying to break the glass ceiling, none of them ever argue about that?

Good old sexism alive and well....
    Women aren't officially allowed on the frontline, but many end up there in a battle zone anyway and quite capable.

But yeah I don't believe women can bear pain more then men or vice versa. I think it varies on the person's body and how it is conditioned.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    the problem with a lot of feminists is they go over the equal rights line into the unequal rights in the other direction.

one thing that really gives me the shits is peple who go too far either way. I have a friend who constantly gives me **** because I don't open the door for my gf, or when we go shopping she carries stuff too, how i go halvesies when we go out. Last time I checked she wasn't crippled physically or mentally (well not so sure about that actually) and is quite capable of carrying shopping and opening doors, and paying for her own stuff. in fact she gets pissed if i pay for things for her because she considers it an insult, unless its a present or something.
    As a gal I like doing things for myself, but once in a while I don't mind a perfect gentlemen . Though I don't want him to feel that he always has to feel obligated that he has to break his wallet for me. I also think doing dutch or halfsies is a great idea and especially if you don't have a lot of money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 12:58pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karritto
    Women aren't officially allowed on the frontline, but many end up there in a battle zone anyway and quite capable.

But yeah I don't believe women can bear pain more then men or vice versa. I think it varies on the person's body and how it is conditioned.
    I wasn't trying to suggest that women weren't capable. Rather i was saying they were just as capable as men, and it's blatantly sexist not to allow them on the front line. I'd like to make that clear. I don't believe women are inferior.

And actually, after reading that statistics thread, I just realised this is quite possibly nonesense due to a small sample size. But it wouldn't surprise me if one sex had greater pain tolerance.

Definitely it depends on the person, and on their conditioning, but I think there's a natural norm, like the fact that men typically tend to be physically stronger, but then still doesn't mean there aren't plenty of women out there who could outlift me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLordHumungus
    How can you not love that there are those out there outraged over the social inequalities against men?

Tell us how bad it is being white while you're at it. And being rich in this country must suck.

Fucking douchebaggery.
    Unequal treatment in divorce, almost no help given to male domestic abuse victims despite there being a problem (www.mediaradar.org) Female to male domestic abuse and rape being treated as a fantasy or a joke (in one episode of the simpsons, where marge becomes a body builder, she rapes homer, and it's played for laughs. Please try and pretend it would have been acceptable the other way around).

Child custody almost automatically goes to women, even if contested (and very often, a mother can put her child up for adoption without telling the paternal father at all (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/iteam&id=6480038) (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...eam&id=6480038).

Stereotypical view that men are violent are women are innocent. Higher false reporting for rape than for any other crime. Practical assumption of guilt after a rape accusation.Men recieving harsher punishements for the same crimes. The demonisation of fathers and men by feminism,blaming all men for their troubles etc etc etc. www.news.mensactivism.org for more info

Recently in england, a law was proposed (by the woman who was acting prime minister while the real prime minister was) to allow employers to hire women over men, on the basis that they were women. (which is blatant sexual discrimination).

In sweden (or switzerland, i can never remember which), there's a law requiring 40% of all upper level management to be women. (REQUIRING, regardless of how many talented men there are, you have to hire 40% for upper level management). There is no such requirement for men.

Jesus...i could go on and on here.

That's not to say that women don't have suffrances too. But that's not the issue here.

But no, there's no persecution from being white (that i've ever come across, or know about....i guess there might be some in largely black areas, i can't really say, i live in Ireland).

So in summation, **** YOUR douchebaggery

Quote Originally Posted by conceited
    Oh, I get it now. You are describing, what I like to call "hoes." I pay for everything because it makes my penis larger, but I've never dated a girl that expected me to pay for everything. I've met these women before, but they are the exception not the rule. Most chicks are actually pretty cool. Hence why I owe so many of them so much money.

It's HER prom, I would of paid just because it would of made the night that much more special for her. You know, not having to worry about moneys. But I digress to each his own, I'm sick of going off topic on too many fuckin topics.

About the OP, yep, guess we are more equal then we thought.
    I might have too,if I had had the money.I was absolutely crazy about her.

But still, if the situation was reversed, would she have paid for your prom conceited? Of course not, and that's what i'm trying to get across. I'm not saying this is women's FAULT, just that it's a problem.

And it may just be a case of me having a bad run of thing, and dating few modern women.

And Karritto, I agree with your idea of going halfsies, with the occasional surprise being nice, i just wish a girl would occasionally pay for me back.I also disagree that a perfect gentlemen has to pay for things.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 2:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't trying to suggest that women weren't capable. Rather i was saying they were just as capable as men, and it's blatantly sexist not to allow them on the front line. I'd like to make that clear. I don't believe women are inferior.

And actually, after reading that statistics thread, I just realised this is quite possibly nonesense due to a small sample size. But it wouldn't surprise me if one sex had greater pain tolerance.

Definitely it depends on the person, and on their conditioning, but I think there's a natural norm, like the fact that men typically tend to be physically stronger, but then still doesn't mean there aren't plenty of women out there who could outlift me.

Unequal treatment in divorce, almost no help given to male domestic abuse victims despite there being a problem (www.mediaradar.org) Female to male domestic abuse and rape being treated as a fantasy or a joke (in one episode of the simpsons, where marge becomes a body builder, she rapes homer, and it's played for laughs. Please try and pretend it would have been acceptable the other way around).

Child custody almost automatically goes to women, even if contested (and very often, a mother can put her child up for adoption without telling the paternal father at all (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/iteam&id=6480038) (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...eam&id=6480038).

Stereotypical view that men are violent are women are innocent. Higher false reporting for rape than for any other crime. Practical assumption of guilt after a rape accusation.Men recieving harsher punishements for the same crimes. The demonisation of fathers and men by feminism,blaming all men for their troubles etc etc etc. www.news.mensactivism.org for more info

Recently in england, a law was proposed (by the woman who was acting prime minister while the real prime minister was) to allow employers to hire women over men, on the basis that they were women. (which is blatant sexual discrimination).

In sweden (or switzerland, i can never remember which), there's a law requiring 40% of all upper level management to be women. (REQUIRING, regardless of how many talented men there are, you have to hire 40% for upper level management). There is no such requirement for men.

Jesus...i could go on and on here.

That's not to say that women don't have suffrances too. But that's not the issue here.

But no, there's no persecution from being white (that i've ever come across, or know about....i guess there might be some in largely black areas, i can't really say, i live in Ireland).

So in summation, **** YOUR douchebaggery

I might have too,if I had had the money.I was absolutely crazy about her.

But still, if the situation was reversed, would she have paid for your prom conceited? Of course not, and that's what i'm trying to get across. I'm not saying this is women's FAULT, just that it's a problem.

And it may just be a case of me having a bad run of thing, and dating few modern women.

And Karritto, I agree with your idea of going halfsies, with the occasional surprise being nice, i just wish a girl would occasionally pay for me back.I also disagree that a perfect gentlemen has to pay for things.
    Of course. A gentlemen should treat a lady nice, but you're right. I meant perfect gentlemen as to holding open doors or wanting to treat me, but it should be because he wants to. I don't want guys to feel pressured that they have to pay for a me just because they're expected to. And sometimes I like to and have surprised guys in the past. It might not be the norm in out culture, but guys deserve to be treated too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karritto
    Of course. A gentlemen should treat a lady nice, but you're right. I meant perfect gentlemen as to holding open doors or wanting to treat me, but it should be because he wants to. I don't want guys to feel pressured that they have to pay for a me just because they're expected to. And sometimes I like to and have surprised guys in the past. It might not be the norm in out culture, but guys deserve to be treated too.
    Thank you for not assuming i'm a woman hater/a whiny emo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 4:16pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unequal treatment in divorce
    Which is more often than not in the man's favor, despite what your MRA websites tell you.
    Almost no help given to male domestic abuse victims despite there being a problem. Female to male domestic abuse and rape being treated as a fantasy or a joke.
    Again specific examples of this from sources besides MRA sites would be helpful. However, if there does seem to be a disparity in how male and female victims of abuse are treated it may be because over 90% of the time it's women who are being beaten and raped by men. Guess girls get all the luck, huh?
    Child custody almost automatically goes to women, even if contested .
    Because mothers are almost always the primary care givers.
    Stereotypical view that men are violent are women are innocent.
    Because men tend to be the ones perpetrating the violence. How unfair that men are seen as violent when they're the aggressors in more than 9 out of 10 domestic abuse cases.
    Higher false reporting for rape than for any other crime.
    Bullshit. Do you have any numbers on that from a respectable source? [quote=han090] Practical assumption of guilt after a rape accusation.Men recieving harsher punishements for the same crimes. The demonisation of fathers and men by feminism,blaming all men for their troubles etc etc etc. Keep spouting this MRA crap. None of it is true, just the bitching of men who are dismayed that their rights to beat and rape their wives is falling by the wayside.
    Yeah, and affirmative action is a sign that minorities are controlling the US govt and are oppressing whites. Maybe women were unfairly underrepresented in the workforce?
    No there is no such law for men. And yet look at the fact that they hold a ridiculous dominance in positions of power. That points to a sexist system that needs to be evened out. Or I suppose YOU could just believe men run **** because they're superior.
    Jesus...i could go on and on here. That's not to say that women don't have suffrances too. But that's not the issue here.
    No of course not. Why compare men losing a little of their undeserved privilege to the actual persecution of women in our society? That might make sniveling little Men's Rights Activists look like the petty fucktards they are.
    But no, there's no persecution from being white (that i've ever come across, or know about....i guess there might be some in largely black areas, i can't really say, i live in Ireland). So in summation, **** YOUR douchebaggery
    So, in summation. It would seem the bag of douche is yours after all you misogynist prick.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget the chronic fatigue syndrome!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 4:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Affirmative action is bullshit. Discrimination of any kind is not acceptable.

If you're going to call my statistics bullshit, i'll just tell you your statistics are bullshit, except i'll actually be right.

And if you'd actually read the fucking pages instead of saying "Oh well he's advocating MRA, all of his links MUST be false because he wants equality", you'd see that mediaradar is a site about accurate reporting of domestic violence, not MRA.

Want other non MRA links? Sure, have plenty:

http://www.ajph.org/cgi/content/abstract/97/5/941

Almost 24% of all relationships had some violence, and half (49.7%) of those were reciprocally violent. In nonreciprocally violent relationships, women were the perpetrators in more than 70% of the cases.

So where the **** are you getting your bullshit statistics from? Aggressor in 9 out of 10 cases my hole.

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/p.../figure4_2.htm

Here's another one about how mother's kill their children far more commonly than fathers do.

And here's another one saying they commit far more child abuse

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/p.../figure3_5.htm

Incidentally, they're both government statistics.

I also fail to see how men being the victim to a female perpatrator only 1 in 10 times (a figure i don't disagree with) means it's acceptable to laugh about men being raped?

And the fact that men are overrepresented in upper level management doesn't mean that there's a sexist system. That's a jump.

No, i don't believe men are superior (i wish you'd stop pretending i think that), but there are many reasons for some people not making it to upper level management.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2008 6:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was reading a wikipedia article on Sexual Dimorphism the other day and it mentioned something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism

Men typically have larger tracheae and branching bronchi, with about 30 percent greater lung volume per body mass. They have larger hearts, 10 percent higher red blood cell count, higher hemoglobin, hence greater oxygen-carrying capacity. They also have higher circulating clotting factors (vitamin K, prothrombin and platelets). These differences lead to faster healing of wounds and higher peripheral pain tolerance.[3]
    I always get doors for my wife, including car doors. It's part of my plan to be able to trap her at home, unable to leave whatever room I put her in as she waits around for me to open the door and let her out.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast