Spear Sister

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:48pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by han090
    Again though, the fact that men are expected to do the asking out is a double standard.
    Kind of but it's not without reason. These reasons could be biologically related or they could be purely sociological, most likely a bit of both as women are naturally attracted to confident guys and a confident guy is more likely to make the first move.

But i disgress. I go on the basis that if someone agrees to go out on a date with me, it's because they like ME, and want to spend time with me, not because they want some free dinner.
    I've always thought of traditional style dates as being more a matter of mutually getting to know each other but I've never really done the datey thing. In general my impression from being asked out though is that guys are generally asking me out on the basis that they think I'm physically attractive rather then actually knowing anything about me for real.

In the case of two friends kind of starting to hook up I'd see it as more of a dutch thing. In the case of a guy asking a girl out whom he's basically just met based mostly on her attractiveness then I'd see it more as buying the chance to show her that maybe you're someone she'd like to practice making babies with.

Also, you say men are not required to pay for anything, but's it's often expected, and you get put down if you don't.
    If the purpose of a date is primarily to determine whether someone is a person you'd like to have a relationship with then you've learned something about her views on relationships based on whether she expects you to pay for dinner and based on that perhaps you'll determine that you might not want a relationship with her after all.

I suppose if you're just being completely selfish, guy a is the clear choice.
    Is it? It shows that he's more generous and that your company is more valuable to him and perhaps he makes more money then guy b and thus would make a better provider for a potential family if one is Long Term Relationship minded. He's just a better relationship choice. (Or at the very least is making an effort to pretend to be, which is something in and of itself.)
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 10/28/2008 9:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:49pm

Style: DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I get it now. You are describing, what I like to call "hoes." I pay for everything because it makes my penis larger, but I've never dated a girl that expected me to pay for everything. I've met these women before, but they are the exception not the rule. Most chicks are actually pretty cool. Hence why I owe so many of them so much money.

It's HER prom, I would of paid just because it would of made the night that much more special for her. You know, not having to worry about moneys. But I digress to each his own, I'm sick of going off topic on too many fuckin topics.

About the OP, yep, guess we are more equal then we thought.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 10:23pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    does the whole "redhead receptor" also explain why they're such slooters?
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 12:37pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can you not love that there are those out there outraged over the social inequalities against men?

Tell us how bad it is being white while you're at it. And being rich in this country must suck.

Fucking douchebaggery.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 12:51pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LordHumungus: Show us the strength of your convictions. Withdraw from the society whose rules you hate so much. When you are posting from the trackless wilderness of Montana in front of your lean-to shack we will give some consideration to your opinion. Until then you are a hypocrite.

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 12:54pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When confronted with the "we give birth" line, I'm reminded of some horrendously painfull shits I've taken throughout my life.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 1:51pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Impacted bowels hurts more then labor according to my aunt. She told me so while driving me to the emergency room for horribly impacted bowels.

Pain is not taking a **** for 3 weeks.

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 3:07pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Impacted bowels hurts more then labor according to my aunt. She told me so while driving me to the emergency room for horribly impacted bowels.

Pain is not taking a **** for 3 weeks.
    I hear you! My poop thread immediatley got the **** weasel stickie.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 10:01pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've known several women who told me that passing kidney stones hurts far, far worse than giving birth. So keep hydrated, folks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2008 12:57am

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    LordHumungus: Show us the strength of your convictions. Withdraw from the society whose rules you hate so much. When you are posting from the trackless wilderness of Montana in front of your lean-to shack we will give some consideration to your opinion. Until then you are a hypocrite.
    I love that your answer to an unjust society is running away. Some of us don't find cowardice revolutionary. And who's "we"? Because your opinion means nothing to me. You're a status quo apologist, and your scorn is only a sign that I'm adequately radical.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast