228857 Bullies, 4826 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 48
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Anna Kovacs is offline
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar

    Spear Sister

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,421

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 5:13pm

    supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by han090
    I thought we knew this already, but yeah, sick of that feminist bullshit line. Just because a woman has to go through a lot of pain doesn't mean she can take more pain. If someone shoots me, it doesn't make me better able to take pain....it just makes me hurt a lot.

    I'm also sick of the "we have to give birth" line. No you don't. Just don't get pregnant, problem solved.

    Interesting about redheads. Does this mean they're more or less pain tolerant? Or just that the level of medication they need differs? (i'd be especially interested to know because my mother is a redhead, so i've got some of the genes...my bears even goes ginger if it grows out too much)
    Redheads are more sensitive to opiates (thus requiring less) but require greater amounts of anesthesia so no firm conclusion can be drawn since the two kind of go against each other.

    With things like pain sensitivity I don't see how one can assign more or less since it's such a personal thing, I'm not sure how one would measure it.

    As far as actual pain tolerance I'd call that more a a matter of will to continue despite pain and the will to continue is going to vary depending on circumstance. Things that will make me want to take a break in sparring wont even phase me during a fight because the situations are different. In part that could be chalked up to adrenaline but I believe it also has a lot to do with what's on the line.
  2. han090 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    787

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 7:53pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    the problem with a lot of feminists is they go over the equal rights line into the unequal rights in the other direction.

    one thing that really gives me the shits is peple who go too far either way. I have a friend who constantly gives me **** because I don't open the door for my gf, or when we go shopping she carries stuff too, how i go halvesies when we go out. Last time I checked she wasn't crippled physically or mentally (well not so sure about that actually) and is quite capable of carrying shopping and opening doors, and paying for her own stuff. in fact she gets pissed if i pay for things for her because she considers it an insult, unless its a present or something.
    Completely agree with you on the first paragraph. Check out http://new.mensativism.org for regular articles and discussion of the issue of the erosion of men's rights, and their position in society, through extreme feminism.

    I love how forward thinking women will halve the bill, and old fashioned ones will pay for themselves. It's never even thought about that a woman would pay for a man.

    Women are legally required to to get the same pay, and yet men are required to pay for everything...how exactly does that work?

    Recently, i was in a bar, and talking to two girls, one in particular. The other one turned to me and said "buy her a drink" winking. I just looked at her like she was crazy and said "No...i don't buy my women thanks." Then a little later, she said "i'm gonna show you up now,and i'll buy her a drink". And i just said "well, if you think she's only worth 5, then go ahead, i just happen to think she's better than that."

    Still, worked anyway, cause i got the girls number. :)

    And thanks Anna for clarifying!
  3. Anna Kovacs is offline
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar

    Spear Sister

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,421

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:06pm

    supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by han090
    It's never even thought about that a woman would pay for a man.
    I take my guy friends out to dinner on me all the time.

    Men are not required to pay for anything. It's mostly a matter of guys trying to show that they can be a provider or whatever to try and get in a girls pants raising the bar for everyone else.

    If guy a and guy b are equally physically attractive and charming and all that jazz, but guy b wants to split the dinner bll and guy a want to pick up the tab...guy a is the clear choice.

    Personally I'd also suggest that it has a lot to do with the fact that men are generally the ones asking the girl out. If you ask someone out to dinner so that you can have their company and hope to develop something then it's pretty reasonable that you'd also be willing to pay for the dinner you suggested.

    (Which is generally why I wind up paying for my guy friends dinner. I like to eat at nice places and they're satisfied with the cheapest blandest food they can get. Rather then suggesting a nicer resteraunt and making them foot their own bill I prefer to just pick up tha tab)
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 10/28/2008 9:13pm at .
  4. conceited is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Joseph, Missourah
    Posts
    398

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:08pm


     Style: DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    han090: Dude, I owe my exes so much money its mind-bottling.
  5. han090 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    787

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:11pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I take my guy friends out to dinner on me all the time.
    I'm proud of you.

    I guess my statement was a serious overgeneralisation, and I apologise for that. I should have stuck a standard disclaimer at the bottom. I'm just stick of getting **** for believing in equality.

    Conceited: I think you mean mind boggling, unless you mean like smashing a glass bottle into your mind, which would be slightly more violent that just boggling it.
  6. conceited is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Joseph, Missourah
    Posts
    398

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:14pm


     Style: DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No man, you know, it's what happens when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle.
  7. han090 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    787

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:18pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I take my guy friends out to dinner on me all the time.

    Men are not required to pay for anything. It's mostly a matter of guys trying to show that they can be a provider or whatever to try and get in a girls pants raising the bar for everyone else.

    If guy a and guy b are equally physically attractive and charming and all that jazz, but guy b wants to split the dinner bll and guy a want to pick up the tab...guy a is the clear choice.

    Personally I'd also suggest that it has a lot to do with the fact that men are generally the ones asking the girl out. If you ask someone out to dinner so that you can have their company and hope to develop something then it's pretty reasonable that you'd also be willing to pay for the dinner you suggested.
    Double post because you edited.

    Again though, the fact that men are expected to do the asking out is a double standard. But i disgress. I go on the basis that if someone agrees to go out on a date with me, it's because they like ME, and want to spend time with me, not because they want some free dinner.

    Also, you say men are not required to pay for anything, but's it's often expected, and you get put down if you don't.

    I suppose if you're just being completely selfish, guy a is the clear choice.

    I go on the basis that i'll pay for a woman's bill, if she gets back in the kitchen and cooks me dinner, and gives up voting. One backwards sexist view is as good as another.

    EDIT: actually, if you'd like to take this further, could we PM, i don't want to murder this topic with discussion of rather unrelated stuff.
    Last edited by han090; 10/28/2008 9:20pm at .
  8. conceited is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Joseph, Missourah
    Posts
    398

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:26pm


     Style: DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally a man with some sense, someone who clearly sees that paying for dinner is equivalent to surrendering all civil liberties. Perfect analogy.

    Have you never had a woman buy you a drink before? Have you never bought a round for your buddies? I pick up the bill for my guy friends all the time, (I'm a guy by the way) and I've never considered them my property. Maybe I'm just absolutely daft.
  9. han090 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    787

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:34pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by conceited
    Finally a man with some sense, someone who clearly sees that paying for dinner is equivalent to surrendering all civil liberties. Perfect analogy.

    Have you never had a woman buy you a drink before? Have you never bought a round for your buddies? I pick up the bill for my guy friends all the time, (I'm a guy by the way) and I've never considered them my property. Maybe I'm just absolutely daft.
    I think you'll find it's an exageration used for comical purposes, to highlight the general social inequality of being expected to pay for a woman.

    No, i have never had a woman buy me a drink.

    Buying your friends a drink is different.

    a) They don't expect you to buy them a drink
    b) they don't expect you to regularly buy their drinks for you.
    c) You didn't just meet your friends
    d)There is no possibility of ulterior motives in buying your friends a drink

    I don't a problem paying for a girl i'm seeing sometimes, just to be nice. In fact, i actually do it quite often, when i have the money. But it's when it's expected, it's a problem.

    I remember my girlfriend invited me to her debs (prom). I paid for my ticket. Our friends gave me **** for not buying her ticket. Why would I buy her ticket? it's her debs!

    ....maybe i just have **** friends.


    EDIT: ****, i've continued debating in this thread now.
  10. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,017

    Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:41pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always hold doors for women.

    OH NOES I AM EMASCULATED!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.