Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Style
    muay thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hi guys! im due to buy my first mouthguard! any tips?

Ive heard the shock doctor mouthguards are good, also the Opro's! any advice would be appreciated!!! :)

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, mickeylove. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Style
    Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They are pretty cheap, why not try both?

I used the high end shock doctor type a couple of years ago (I think it was around $7) and it was real good, but kind of thick. I've never heard of Opro's.

Style
    muay thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks JCMECH! Shock doctors are quite expensive here! about 3/4 times the price they are in the US! and Opros are a british make, and are around the same price! mite just buy any of them, to be honest i cant see there being much difference between?

Style
    Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow!!!
    That is damn expensive for a mouth piece.
    I guess the need is much greater here because of all the high school/college football.
    You can buy them damn near anywhere for only a few dollars.
    Where are you located?

Style
    muay thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In liverpool! the cheapest i can get a shock doctor V2 is 12, thats probably about $24! Gotta love ripoff Britain! lol

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, you're a fucking idiot. By a cheap kids mouthpiece from your local sporting good store and be done with it.

You have to work the look. supporting member
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're just doing in-class sparring get a lonsdale senior (or any brand really) for about 2-3 quid. It helps if you go to a place that sells exercise equipment, instead of a sports clothes shop.

Here comes a rant.

Since moving to the UK, I've been really pissed off at how hard it is to get a cheap mouth guard. Back in Ireland, you go into any sports shop, and there right beside the rugby jerseys you'll find a rack of mouth guards all the colours of the rainbow. Over here, unless you go to a sports equipment shop they probably won't have any.

You know who I blame? Those fuckers I see strolling along dressed head to toe in Nike and smoking a cigarette. Most sports shops on the high street are not there to sell to people who do sports, there there to cater for wankers with no dress sense.

End rant.

Style
    Panda Punch
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never used anything but the 99 cent boil and bite mouthpieces. They work fine.

Style
    BJJ blue, judo ikkyu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to stand up and say that I really prefer the top-and-bottom (double) mouthguards over cheap-o top-only mouthpieces. Feels more secure, stable, safe, and gives me that warm cuddly feeling.

2 cents.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last