--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First post in newbietown, 3rd post overall

as above, pretty much il explain a little bit about myself, i started Hapkido last year around august, the class im in is in a police youth club, $60 a month 2 times a week for 2 hours.

Its not kuk sool won or tang soo do or all those others, its just simply Hapkido, My teacher was taught by a student of Choi Yong Sul/sool

Yes we do spar-but low ranks are non contact until everybody in the rank learns what NON Contact means, sure you can tap or hit them.

We do the typical overused grab my wrist in some self defence but the reasons there are so many so-called useful/unuseful techniques are because a person can grab the outside or inside of your wrist, your neck, at the front back or side etc etc.

My teacher doesn't make any bs claims, and is a no-bs type teacher.

OmegaBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, qazza, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

Style
    DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome aboard, why aren't low ranked people allowed to hit each other?

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by conceited
    Welcome aboard, why aren't low ranked people allowed to hit each other?
    Yeah, some clarity there would be nice. Is it just untill you get the basics down, so you can focus on the form more, rather than just trying to protect yourself, untill you've actually got the form down?

Also, what's a police youth club?