Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    choyfat, how are all our schools mcdojos?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how often does your school go to tournaments tkd_figher?

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you mean like The Karate Kid? I crane kick you! LMAO

Just because someone doesn't formally compete outside of their own school doesn't make them McDojo.
    Even limited contact sparring can do alot to teach you how to actually fight. If you don't have some sort of contact start asking the McDojo question.

how often does your school go to tournaments tkd_figher?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's mostly the mcdojo's that participate in these tournaments......

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1)No contract, pay as you go. Usually don't get reminded, assume good faith, or else many pushups are done. (If you've been around awhile the instructor will usually help you out with fees if you've got problems.)

2)Classes are very fun and strenuous. They're fun due to the level of workout, the people and other x-factors.

3)I'm definetly improving (slowly)due to hard work and good teaching.

4)The biggest improvments have been from rededicating myself to stretching and trying to modify my weightlifting to fit martial arts (fatigue etc.); and most importantly: breathing well (helps everything).

5)Some joint lock techs. have been useful in teaching my girlfriend to stop tickling me! Sparring has done a lot to help develop the techs. usefully for me.

6) I think it is indeed very practicle (strikes and manipulations) whether or not more so than others, I don't know.

7)Hapkido

8)http://asucd.ucdavis.edu/asucdservices/ecollege/hapkido/index.htm

one problem with the site is that the time to promotions is totally wrong, nobody gets promoted nearly at that rate.

9)Self-defense, improved health etc.

10)Also what? Other accomplished people from different arts that I respect personally have high praise for the school and teacher. That counts I guess.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay my misunderstanding. I thought you were asking for proof, accountability.

it's mostly the mcdojo's that participate in these tournaments......

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:45pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any school that participated in tournaments regularly is a mcdojo. That's the way I see it! Tournaments are pansy-asses playing fagtag!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our school teaches both tournament and practical applications. This year we are surpassing our record of tournament attendance by going to 2 actual tournaments. :) My instructor doesn't promote tournaments that much, but there are a few of us that enjoy going to them so he helps us on what to do for tournaments.

If our schools sound like McDojos Choyfat, then don't join them. :) I can't speak for the others, but I enjoy my instructions and system. I have used it both on and off the street. So its either effective or I am lucky. (I usually guess the lucky part myself) :)

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:53pm

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the humbleness miguksaram. Keep that attitude. Hey, you like what you like and if your school only goes to 2 tourneys then that's a good sign, the way i see it. The problem is schools that go to tourneys constantly only train to win a tourney - and we all know that that kind of training is bull kaka right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2002 4:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sucka,

I really dig that sponsor a child program that your school runs. I think that would be a great idea. I hope you don't mind but I would like to suggest such a program to our school.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Use it please. Teach as many people as possible. The focus of our school really isn't to become a badass. The focus is to improve people lives through martial arts. Especially for people who couldn't normally afford it. I sponsor 2 kids in my school. It's fun to watch them progress in school as well as class. From reading my previous post it almost sounds as though I was saying I'm an instructor but I just want to clarify that I'm not. I just help out lower belts when I see the opportunity.

I don't think that schools that go to tourneys are McDojo's but that being said I've only participated in one when I had the opportunity to be in 4 so far. The judging is too subjective for my tastes.

Tim Owens
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast