Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 10:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    f4n4l should have gone out back and got in his Panzer...
    dont be an idiot,he doesnt have a panzer, do you have any idea what NYC traffic is like?
    thats why zhe germans never invaded nyc.

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 10:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A) f4nf4n is German? WTF? How'd we let him into NYC?

B) I think you did the right thing. He started the ape-dominance ritual, and you quite literally sidestepped it and tried to convince him it wasn't going to work. You did the best you could and you still ended up with poop. That's how it goes.

I think your only other options would be to more thoroughly convince him that you don't mean to fight or insult him, before or after the RNC.

C) From my experience reading this site, life, and my friends' anecdotes, it seems that the most dangerous activity one can engage in is...dancing with girls. Allow me to explain:

New Year's Eve 2007. Bar with friend. My friend's friend comes in with his gf, we say hi, get introduced to the gf, and they go play pool. My friend and I continue drinking and people-watching. In particular, this 50 year old weirdo who is absolutely sloshed (it's 10pm) and trying to dance with every 21-year-old hottie who walks into the bar. His activities are not being conducive to my goals of talking to these young ladies, but I leave it alone since I really have no way to stop him. But man, seeing half a dozen girls come in, dance, then decide to leave cause of that stumbling old mofo, man it was disheartening.

My friend's gf comes onto the dance floor, taking a break from playing pool. Of course, weird guy comes on to her. Classic move: she turns her back, suddenly he's like Marcelo Garcia without her even knowing. He dances behind her for about a minute before she notices--I swear he almost had his hooks in. When the gf notices, she turns around and does the "smile politely, dance away, shake her head no" move. He counters with a drunken groin-thrusting swagger, not really noticing what's going on. It's at this moment that my friend's friend, the girl's bf, notices and starts to come to her rescue quietly and suavely.

Weird guy continues to "dance" with the girl, but the bf comes over and starts dancing too. He starts on the other side of her, but since she immediately melts into him and starts sucking his face and spinning around, the weird guy is cut out very quickly. Jesus I tell long stories. I just loves the details!

Weird guy's friend is now the problem. 6'3'', 350 lb biker with tattoos, earrings, bandana, leathers, boots, Harley outside, forearms the size of my thighs. He hears weird-old-guy's plight ("That guy totally cut in on the girl I was mac'ing on!") as the couple makes out on the dance floor. And I watch in horror as this martial-arts-cliche of a man tries to go over to my friend's friend and stare him down. The bf, of course, does not notice, as he is deep in the throes of spittle-swapping.

The biker gets more and more upset, to the point where I thought he was going to sucker-punch the guy. I had my other friend stand behind the biker, and was ready to take precisely one punch from the biker (I had no plans for after that first punch). I had no money to buy the biker a drink (needed ATM, but no time), so I walked over and engaged him in random conversation. I got him to look away from what he was mad at ("That jerk who cut in on my buddy!"), forced him to hunch over to listen to me (I shouted into his chest due to height), and gently mentioned that "I may, perhaps, have seen the couple come into the bar, I don't know, uh, together? Yeah that sucks for your friend but hey, great party, right? Where ya from, big guy?" I steered him back to the bar, making sure he stayed facing away from the object of his anger, and situation was defused. De-escalation for the win!

I got no nookie that night. I bet the guy who's face I saved from a sucker punch, I bet he got laid eight ways from Sunday.

Moral of the story? Learn and practice de-escalation techniques. Get people to sit down, or look away from what they're mad at. Set limits for their aggression. Find small points of agreement ("Hey, we both want to have a good time, right?"). Use humor, carefully. Apologize and offer to buy them a beer. These techniques are useful, and if you think of them as mind control, they can be fun, too.

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 10:52am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell

never stop smiling, and keep looking relaxed.
    then you slap that rnc on, but sorta laugh/grin so people around you think its a joke and you and the guy are goofing around, then hurt him really bad while you keep smiling the whole time.
    Yeah, but in an American context you'd be another weirdo piece of Eurotrash with visible stink lines coming off you, and nobody would buy your goofing-around act for a second.

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 10:59am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    By coming on to me I mean he was talking **** to me and all because word had it I train BJJ and stuff (a few people at the party know me and that I train every day). I don't know I was dancing with this girl and he was having this "I'll show you" attitude and I told him I wasn't in for anything but he was not backing down so I opted to show him where his limit is but he wasn't getting it. I rather left than pick a fight over "nothing"
    i'll fight him for you.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 11:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    So I was at this party and everything was going nice, music rocked, ladies were on me like I was free candy and all but then I was dancing with one of the ladies and this guy was coming on to me and I was telling him I was dancing with this lady (she is my roomy and I promised to take care of her, sort of) anyway he was coming on to me and I was telling him to **** off but he didn't... so I put him in a RNC and didn't even made it tight or anything, just to showed him what he is in for. Well this actually did the opposite to what I was going for he was totally aggressive after that and I rather opted for leaving the place than fight this asshole. I don't know, I was sorry, because it was the Bday party of a friend and I didn't want to **** things up. A couple of people told me to go back and fight this guy but I had no intention to do so... and now I am questioning myself if I did the right thing or just build up this asses ego by not showing him where his limits are. I feel like doing the right thing by leaving but I also feel not okay for bailing on my roommates....
    More evidence supporting Ellis Island.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 11:11am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deja vu...

Weak

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 11:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I would be embarassed if I were at a Birthday party and my "roommate" started a fight. It would reflect poorly on me, as I was the one with him and would make everyone else at the party think I enjoy and invite such attentions.

Next time, ask the girl: "Do you want to dance with him or keep dancing with me?"
    If she says, "Him." respect it.
    If she says, "You" he needs to respect that.
    If she says, "Neither" she is smart.

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 11:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fn4anal did the right thing, sometimes you find yourself in a situation like RNC quicker than you realize what/why. If you can back out of it, good.

I ran into "really wants to fight/meet me in the bathroom" rough-gay sex type. NO you don't want to meet him in the bathroom...

Also, Rouge Theory has made me very sad this morning. Boat-riding, random bikini-babe humping Fa66ot.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 11:29am

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Personally, I would be embarassed if I were at a Birthday party and my "roommate" started a fight. It would reflect poorly on me, as I was the one with him and would make everyone else at the party think I enjoy and invite such attentions.

Next time, ask the girl: "Do you want to dance with him or keep dancing with me?"
    If she says, "Him." respect it.
    If she says, "You" he needs to respect that.
    If she says, "Neither" she is smart.
    You know we do all this stupid self destructive **** for you ladies, right?:love7:

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 11:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge

Also, Rouge Theory has made me very sad this morning. Boat-riding, random bikini-babe humping Fa66ot.
    Ha! You should come over to Malaysia, this kind of **** happens on the regular over here.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast