Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 4:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first of all, slapping him in an RNC was a silly idea...

weight up the pros and cons - basically the only pro was to "teach him a lesson". apart from that you had that age old peer pressure from the other males, and the will to do what makes you appear to be a big tough man.

you had the good sense to walk out, now have the security in yourself to get over the macho bullshit.

if he had attacked you it would have been different.

Posted On:

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your only problem f4n4n is that you are too nice. If i had hooks and my arm under the chin i'd probably choke out my best friend just for the fun of it. If you had it probably would have killed most of the drama too. By not following through the guy sensed weakness and figured he could get the 'mad streetfighting skillz' credit for intimidating a martial artist, most of the tough guys in this case really don't wan't to fight. A confident smile and a 'lets do this' has ended more confrontations for me than walking away.

End of the day though the only thing injured is your pride and you'll probably never see that guy again. Some of your friends probably think you can't fight now but i don't think thats a problem you care about.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of them is my roomy and the other one left 5 minutes before the incident (hence me going in for number two) after giving me her phone and email addy and telling me to give her a call and email her...
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 4:54am

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai (MMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally i'd see choking him, even lightly, as it starting. And I believe you should finish what you start, dont leave it open, I work as a bouncer, and we're told that their needs to be some closure on every issue, the next time you see this guy you'll get your closure, but it could go either way, he may be aggressive towards you, and its time for round 2, especially if you're likely to see him at a party where alcohol is going to be a factor.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 5:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno
    first of all, slapping him in an RNC was a silly idea...

weight up the pros and cons - basically the only pro was to "teach him a lesson". apart from that you had that age old peer pressure from the other males, and the will to do what makes you appear to be a big tough man.

you had the good sense to walk out, now have the security in yourself to get over the macho bullshit.

if he had attacked you it would have been different.
    Honestly it just so happened, he was coming on, I side stepped (into his back), pushed his shoulder forward and he was in it... I didn't think at this point (I had a few drinks by that time and I am still a little tipsy) I was just going for a "cool down you ain't going to win a golden banana in this fight" option. I am no way aggressive or anything, I don't want to ruin peoples parties or what ever, he just triggered some "reflex"...
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 5:10am

Style: DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *****, after you left I banged that chick you were dancing with. Then I told everyone how you were lucky I didn't use my sweet ass ninja skills to rip your throat out when you put that limp wristed rnc on me. Now they think I'm awesome and realize that BJJ just doesn't work in a party environment.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 5:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    F4n4n,

You did the correct thing. It's better to walk away than to **** him up, especially at a party (too many witnesses).

If you got into a fight, you would have lost when the cops would have shown up even when you had won the fight, because you're the foreigner and the trained martial artist.

Even if it wouldn't stick in a criminal court, the other guy could make it into a case of being lifelong injured because of a "crushed" throat for civilian court.

At the other end, if he would have followed you to a place without any witnesses, it's fair game (a.k.a. beating the **** out of him, that from that day on, only hearing your name makes him **** his pants)

P.S.: do not take the last paragraphe as an advice, because I'm not a lawyer but a software engineer AND everybody knows that ITers are the most **** up and twisted persons on this planet :evil1:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 5:30am

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, my mother does IT, and she's a totally sweet person; If you **** with her, the worst thing she'll do is murder your entire family in their sleep, disembowel your dog, and set your house on fire.

I think you did the better thing f4n4n, though it would have been best had you been able to ignore the guy entirely. I definitely understand the difficulty in not smacking down some stupid, arrogant asshole, so I can't fault you for doing what you did, but I think it would have been best to blow the fucker off.

However, should the guy not get the point of your demonstration and come back for more swinging, choke his ass the **** out, as, chances are, he isn't going to stop bothering you until he asserts some cock-swinging alpha male dominance bullshit, and I wouldn't put up with that kind of ****, so neither should you.

Every time I get angry and lash out I view it as a failure of my self control and am ashamed, which is why I work so heavily on keeping my Scots-Irish fury in check.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 5:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You did the right thing by walking away, even after your were provoked. Iím sure this was done out of respect for your friends, so kudos to you. Although I donít think you should have gone for the RNC, since it was obviously going to escalate the situation. Seeing how you basically forced the guy to take it further after you bruised his ego in front of everybody. I sympathize with you though, since Iíve been in situations where it really plays with your head, when you know you can take the guy, but you naturally hold back for one reason or another.

I remember being at a beach rave in Tioman island (Malaysia) and I had a fat shirtless local and his friends just walk up to me and throw a beer over me. My instinct was lay into him (and I could have easily) but I held back thinking that this tool must have something going for him to have the balls to do that. Before I knew what was what, 2 women grabbed my arm and pulled me away onto the jetty, where there was a big speed boat waiting! The 3 of us jump on and this French gentleman friend of theirs is driving. He said ďI saw what happened, you did the right thing by not retailiating, since they would have come back with Parangs (giant knifes) and slaughtered you!Ē.

So like James Bond, the boat pulled off with myself and the women into the full moon, as the French dude gave me a Beer and then offered to let me drive the boat! As I naturally bounced the boat at high speed over the waves, with one hand on the wheel and one hand downing a Beer, I couldn't help feeling like this had mysteriously worked out in my favour. Driving the boat alone was bad ass, since it was fast and the French guy was using a spot light on our path to guide us, whilst the women were wearing bikini's sitting on the back.

Turns out they took me to the other side of the island to their chalet resort. The girls hooked me up with a room for the night (free of charge) and I ended up shagging the hot one! Happy days!

I'm sure that there is a moral in there somewhere!
    Last edited by Law; 10/26/2008 6:10am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 6:09am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Theory
    You did the right thing by walking away, even after your were provoked. Iím sure this was done out of respect for your friends, so kudos to you. Although I donít think you should have gone for the RNC, since it was obviously going to escalate the situation. Seeing how you basically forced the guy to take it further after you bruised his ego in front of everybody. I sympathize with you though, since Iíve been in situations where it really plays with your head, when you know you can take the guy, but you naturally hold back for one reason or another.

I remember being at a beach rave in Tioman island (Malaysia) and I had a fat shirtless local just walk up to me and throw a beer over me. My instinct was lay into him (and I could have easily) but I held back thinking that this tool must have something going for him to have the balls to do that. Before I knew what was what, 2 women grabbed my arm and pulled me away onto the jetty, where there was a big speed boat waiting! The 3 of us jump on and this French gentleman friend of theirs is driving. He said ďI saw what happened, you did the right thing by not retailiating, since they would have come back with Parangs (giant knifes) and slaughtered you!Ē.

So like James Bond, the boat pulled off with myself and the women into the full moon, as the French dude gave me a Beer and then offered to let me drive the boat! As I naturally bounced the boat at high speed over the waves, with one hand on the wheel and one hand downing a Beer, I couldn't help feeling like this had mysteriously worked out in my favour. Driving the boat alone was bad ass, since it was fast and the French guy was using a spot light on our path to guide us, whilst the women were wearing bikini's sitting on the back.

Turns out they took me to the other side of the island to their chalet resort. The girls hooked me up with a room for the night (free of charge) and I ended up shagging the hot one! Happy days!

I'm sure that there is a moral in there somewhere!
    what the hell!!! quite a story... from bad luck to awesome luck.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast