Page 12 of 21 First ... 28910111213141516 ... Last
  1. #111

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    214
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno
    until unconscious.
    I suppose the main thing is that there was an ability to show a duty of care to the person you choked out, if you just left him there didn't check on his condition (first aid) didn't call the Police immediately then they might start thinking you acted wrecklessly.

  2. #112
    danno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by markcos262
    I suppose the main thing is that there was an ability to show a duty of care to the person you choked out, if you just left him there didn't check on his condition (first aid) didn't call the Police immediately then they might start thinking you acted wrecklessly.
    i was going to help him out, then his mate attacked me as well. they were both in the wrong, there were witnesses, and no one seemed to be badly injured when the police arrived, so they didn't seem to give a damn what i did.

    i wrote an article on the whole experience:

    So I was a bouncer at a strip club... - No BS Martial Arts

  3. #113
    sochin101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    6,887
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    I support Tom's decision to ban f4n4l.

    (polishes apple for Tom)
    Lily, is this anything to do with the fact he chose me above you in his 'sexay' shirt-off picture?
    F4n4l, I mean.
    Tom's love for me is well documented.
    [user was banned for this post for making things up]




    Guys, Lily's feeling bereft and marginalised. Plz send her pics and lurid PMs.
    Last edited by sochin101; 10/28/2008 9:09am at .
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

    Gandhi


  4. #114

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    214
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno
    i was going to help him out, then his mate attacked me as well. they were both in the wrong, there were witnesses, and no one seemed to be badly injured when the police arrived, so they didn't seem to give a damn what i did.

    i wrote an article on the whole experience:

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76698
    That was a good read I can relate to that story I've been working in the security industry for almost ten years but I just do high rise office buildings these days, I couldn't go back to bouncing for alot of the stuff you mentioned people get a bit of piss in them & go crazy.

  5. #115
    Squerlli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NO! SLEEP! TILL BROOKLYN!
    Posts
    3,683
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    I support Tom's decision to ban f4n4l.

    (polishes apple for Tom)
    Bet you can polish alot more then that for Tom... *cough*

  6. #116
    danno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by markcos262
    That was a good read I can relate to that story I've been working in the security industry for almost ten years but I just do high rise office buildings these days, I couldn't go back to bouncing for alot of the stuff you mentioned people get a bit of piss in them & go crazy.
    thanks. my goal at the start of that job was to work in places like you are now, but i just couldn't seem to snag one. i guess you have to hang around in the industry for longer than i did to score that kind of gig.

  7. #117
    I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!
    DarkPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wyomissing, PA
    Posts
    2,244
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    I don't normally do this, but I call BS on your story dude. If someone attacks you with a weapon that can kill, that means that he has intent to kill and reasonable force could actually include kill your opponent.

    At least that's how the law works here in Australia. If someone attacked me with a knife I could pretty much do anything to stop him.

    Only in NY dude. They arrested him stating that after the attacker had dropped his weapon, he should have backed off and left the scene. It is BS, but it is the way that NY handles **** like this.

    The cops haven't be able to employ the RNC for at least 15 years here in NY.

  8. #118

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    190
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the thing.

    If you use what you know out of self-defense, then it's fine, What you did was ok since you knew the fight could have escalated.


    If you use what you know to prove something to a group of people, or to save face for no good reason, then it becomes wrong.


    This I believe is the ultimate dream of many Martial artists, to hold back a fight in knowing that you can easily kick the guy's ass.

    People who stay calm in such situations exhibit a sense of confidence in their skills, those who fight back are either unsure or feel the need to prove something.

    If you're a competent Martial Artist, you know you don't owe these bums any ****, you can kick their asses with your hand tied behind your back, and that's all the proof you need.

  9. #119
    MrBadGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seven Seas of Rhye
    Posts
    2,899
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has Samuel Browning chimed in to pwn all these psuedolegal nubs?

  10. #120

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    totally mishandled.

    Myamoto Mushasi said: "a battle avoided cannot be lost."

    you should have ignored him or left. Slapping a RNC on this guy was not only wrong but foolish. Never embarrass anyone. They may get a gun and your training wont help.

    My rule of thumb is that I fight to survive, ONLY. This was not a case of survival. Lose the go and ignore the punks. But if you have to fight make it life and death and administer death. I will let a jury of my peers handle it from there.

Page 12 of 21 First ... 28910111213141516 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO