Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/26/2008 11:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nasreal
    Thanks for the tip sir. I will do that. I will also grant you that it's better to look silly than to get hurt, but where I live it wouldn't be silly it would be suspicious/conspicuous to be carrying around that umbrella all year. It gets up to the mid nineties in the summer time round here.
    ... and yet carrying an umbrella will NEVER BE ILLEGAL, just like a cane. There are many factors that come into effect upon actually using something as a weapon. Your cane/umbrella will NEVER be concealed. You won't look like some criminal who's trying to get away with hiding something (overtly at least). That'll go a long way in the eyes of the law, trust me.

And yeah about this, I heard somewhere that obama would like to have people be prosecuted for using a gun in self defence IN THEIR OWN HOMES..... that is just rediculous. Not saying that's 100 percent reliable though. I also doubt he'd get such a law passed.
    He definitely voted for it, along with a whole mess of ignorant bullshit laws. Just wait for what he (& that scumbag Biden, the author of the Clinton Gun Ban) try to pull in office, if enough ignorant shits come out of the woodwork to vote this time 'round. You better get used to using umbrellas and canes and rolled up newspapers 'cause nothing else will be legal.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    10/27/2008 12:37am

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, regarding that collapsible tai chi sword, it's neat and all, but;
    1. Is it legal in canada? Seems like one could claim it's a tool for fitness or something, which it is.
    2. Is it effective as a weapon? Looks light and flmsy, but hard to tell from only the image.
    3. Why should I support Tai Chi? **** Tai Chi?
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2008 12:49am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I received one of the collapsible tai chi swords as a gag gift from a friend who had vacationed in Hong Kong. They're actually pretty clever gadgets, but not intended as weapons; they're purely practice swords with hollow"blades" that telescope in and out. The idea is you can fold them up to carry them conveniently and unobtrusively to/from your training.

Posted On:
    10/27/2008 12:51am

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those Tai Chi swords sting like a bitch if someone whips you with them. Other than that, pretty useless. And that noise they make is fucking annoying.

Posted On:
    10/27/2008 2:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude
    :icon_conf

WHAT THE ****!?!?!?!?!?!?
    That's ridiculous. Where did this happen? You have a link to a news article?
    Yep, heres a few that relate to the matter, although some deal with other similar instances as well:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4716855a11.html

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10535698

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/2227316

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10535698

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10536933

Edite: And yes, it is a fucking ridiculous situation. We are quite confident that the courts will chuck the charges out tho.
    So fucking dumb.

Posted On:
    10/27/2008 3:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may be biased, but if you can find any FMA go for it. they way most styles are taught, you can use so many things as weapons that you don't need to carry anything. they generally teach realistic disarming techniques too.

there are some scary fast old men in the philippines that are not to be trusted with a stick longer than 12". trust me on this.
    :new_all_c

Posted On:
    10/27/2008 2:33pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JJ, quit the anti-Obama rant. State and local law is what dictates what you can carry and what you can't. Unless you're transporting weapons between states, the feds have no say that.

Seriously, for those who are upset about concealed carry laws and such, talk to your local representatives who serve in your state or local government, and explain your issues.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/27/2008 2:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    JJ, quit the anti-Obama rant. State and local law is what dictates what you can carry and what you can't. Unless you're transporting weapons between states, the feds have no say that.

Seriously, for those who are upset about concealed carry laws and such, talk to your local representatives who serve in your state or local government, and explain your issues.
    Heller VS DC was about FEDERAL GUN CONTROL. Get a clue!

Keep thinking that & see what happens. How do you think things would have gone if Heller VS DC had gone the other way? Get your head out of the sand, man.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 9:23am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People - better yet - keep politics out of the MA forum?

I mean - a lot of us don't really care, since we are not in your part of the world, anyway...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2008 11:09pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan
    People - better yet - keep politics out of the MA forum?

I mean - a lot of us don't really care, since we are not in your part of the world, anyway...
    well clearly you need to start caring, as america is the rootinest, tootitinest, most bad ass country in the universe and we say you need to care, unless you want us to **** your **** up and/or not save you from the nazis again.

AMERICA!! **** YEAH!!!!!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq2_YKQGE_U

for reals though, any federal law regarding carrying weapons (minus guns, as the constitution mentions them in the constitution) would be unconstitutional as it is not within the powers expressed within said constitution, so just give that law the middle finger and be on your way.:icon_thum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast