Thread: Hi!

Style
    Wing Chun/Judo/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hi!

Hello,

Just signed up, been a reader of these forums for a while. Will try not to be too dumb with the questions and posts.

Very brief background on myself.

Reside in the UK, 7 years doing Shotokan and Shorin Ryu Karate in the Middle East. 8 Years doing Wing Chun under Samuel Kwok. Last 4 years I've gone away from much of that though and currently study Kickboxing and Judo, which I love to bits. Looking into doing MMA around where I live and there are quiet a few low level competitions. If there was Thai and BJJ close by I would be doing that, but unfortunately I can't.

Used to be a doorman when I was younger, but now I work for a security firm. Life is dull unless playing with other like minded people who enjoy knocking the nuts off each other, or struggling with drunken chavs. Have enjoyed the forums very much!

GhostOfKimura
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, skwcjkd, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

Style
    Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you'll certainly have (drunken) British compatriots here! Here's one, Lebell, who even drinks with the Irish....

Lebells birthday,in this thread you will congratulate... - No BS Martial Arts
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Style
    Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh ****, I forgot, he's a Dutch, what ever that is. Oh well, close, and he does drink with the Irish!

Anyway, after you read a couple threads like that you'll probably take up MAP.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Style
    BJJ
    Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido!

Quote Originally Posted by skwcjkd
    Reside in the UK, 7 years doing Shotokan and Shorin Ryu Karate in the Middle East. 8 Years doing Wing Chun under Samuel Kwok.
    As you're in the UK, you might be interested in joining the throwdown group, which aims to keep people updated on UK throwdowns (basically an open mat, if you're unfamiliar with the term). Last one was in Belfast, next one should be in London. Still trying to get venues/times etc sorted for London, though.

If there was Thai and BJJ close by I would be doing that, but unfortunately I can't.
    I have a map of UK BJJ clubs up here, so you could take a look at that to see if there is anything in your area.

Style
    Wing Chun/Judo/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha. Just had a huge upheaval and I'm now in Norwich, so BJJ it is!!! I think Steve Cowan is the instructor. I will check it out. Thanks lads.