United States Marine.

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 4:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA
    I'm prepared to cut deep. Good bye mocha cappa latte, hello omapalata...er I mean kata-gatame.

Fixed, also, ARM TRIANGLES, FTW

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 4:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusdbrutus
    I think I'd sacrifice quality of food and clothing before classes, $60 per month for me. Btw, $100 per month for TKD? Ok, I guess....
    Yeah I go for about 6-8 hours a week. Judo is 4 hours a week.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 5:23pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $100 a month for BJJ isn't that much if you think in terms of it being equivalent of about one night out at the pub/club a week, which easily costs $25. In fact there's many small things you can do to save that $25 a week like not buying expensive foods, shopping at yard sales, etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 8:20pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I pay 80 dollars a month for BJJ. I go 3-5 times a week. Nothing else has helped me get my life moving forward continuously and smoothly more than BJJ so far. I've got the constant physical exertion, learning a skill, and the camaraderie. It comes down to about 4-6 dollars a lesson. I'd give up whatever else costs me 80 a month to keep going.

I also don't drink or smoke so I suppose it's a lot easier for me to allocate money for something that'd normally be extraneous for folks.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 8:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Danosky
    DOA: Say it aint so! After all you put yourself through to stay thin for her? Ask your wife if she's ready to trade the BJJ tuition for you getting a big belly and man tits.

Those man tits will keep the family warm in the upcoming harsh winters.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 10:17pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't felt the squeeze yet but I see it coming. And I hear people talking about it. SUX!

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 10:34pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think you argued your case well enough with your wife. The worse our economies get the more petty violent crime there is and the relative value of our martial arts training increases. Personally i don't see the activitity that my physical health and peace of mind almost soley rests on as a luxury item.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 10:35pm

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When the **** hits the fan and we all end up living in a blasted wasteland ala Fallout, who will be better off: Someone who starts the game with 1000 more bottlecaps, or 75% in their Unarmed skill?

Personally, there are a lot of things I'd kick out the door before martial arts, like fast food, fast internet, video games, and so forth. Not eating fast food is healthier for a person, practicing martial arts more can make up for ten dollars a month dialup and freeware games from fifteen years ago, and when we're fighting off giant radioactive scorpions and gay evil football hooligans people will flock under our wing in order to learn our elite _ing _un and BJJ.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 10:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The pinch is hard. I train at two places and sometimes I don't get the most out of the money. Then again, what I get out of it is much more than the training itself. Some of my best friends are the people I train with. The confidence provided to me doing BJJ has been helpful in my general life and career. I do IT work, I enjoy it as a hobby as well, but when you do a hobby as a job, sometimes you need another hobby so you don't get burned out and start hating your original hobby. BJJ provides me for this. If I need to, I'll do what I must.

Fortunately, I'm currently single with no kids. I guess that puts me in a better position then most.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 10:49pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can round up a couple of victims TapouT wanna-be's and buy $50 thai pads for muay thai. With me as the Conditioning coach.

As for BJJ I can make do with my near Gracie Barra or Judo club + Youtube videos or books.

Or since I have a good standing with my coach he might offer me a deal to still train under him as long as I make him win.

It'll all sort itself out, I'm not too worried. Just look at the way Fedor trains, he just needs the knowledge, the hardcore training, and minimal equipment.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast