Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Got Choked out!!!

I got choked out last night rolling. And I mean all the way out. I had been rolling with this guy for about 15 minutes. I had already tapped him out three times. So I guess I was getting a little cocky...next thing you know...I woke up.

I was just wondering something. I have been knocked out a few times. One time when I was punched in the left ear. One time getting kicked in the head behind the ear.

Every single time I have been knocked out I have dreams. I always dream really vivid and realistic dreams. Then I wake up and I am drooling all over myself.

Last night I woke up, I was drooling all over the mat and when I woke up it took about 15 seconds to figure out where I was at. Does this happen to anyone else?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke
    Last night I woke up, I was drooling all over the mat and when I woke up it took about 15 seconds to figure out where I was at. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Exactly the same thing, then dopey for awhile afterward as well.

I find it kind of throws you off the game for the rest of the training session.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I was a little light headed for the rest of the night. And I was content to keep people in my guard and just try to work submissions.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has been discussed before. But yes, I've been choked out too. No dreams, just had a killer headache afterwards for awile.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rest of us tap.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't think i've been fully choked unconscious before. but twice i've been unable to move my limbs to tap out.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by v1y
    i don't think i've been fully choked unconscious before. but twice i've been unable to move my limbs to tap out.
    So how did the other guy know to let go....?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Normally I would have tapped. He just put it on my really quick and I guess I didn't realize how tight it was. I haven't been choked out in like 3 years. So I guess I was due.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I was choked out once, but I'm not actually sure. It was while we were practicing a new choke. I started to tap, and when I realized the pressure had been let up I heard the instructor say I sure did tap for a long time, but it didn't seem that long to me. So I might have gone under for a second or two and just kept on tapping.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't been choked all the way out, but I have "time traveled" after tapping to a choke too late.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last