Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 2:06pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Teh El Macho's gonna cock-punch me for this, but why the hell didn't you ask advice in the PT forum before you went out and spent your paper-route money on a paperweight?

Seriously, it is a fantastic resource... use it, maybe?
    Hey man, I didn't earn that money, but it was either the kettlebell or a $20 lap dance next time I went to a strip club.

I ALWAYS get **** whenever I post a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshido member
    Use the search function, n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshido member
    blah blah blah fucking blah **** blah Murphy's law of tharuz blah dumbass
    Quote Originally Posted by Munacra
    .......Angsty seed
    etc etc etc.

Hey man, I just saw kettlebells at Wal-Mart and I went crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharuz
    OMFG kettlebellz!
    I didn't even think about asking any questions, all those misleading articles that say: light weights + lots of reps = good thing had me braiwashed.

There were no questions to be asked bro.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 2:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is some life help from me, since Q is no longer among us and I need a new project.

If you think about buying something, make sure you know what you are going to use it for. Then go and get some information on the product, pros cons etc. Then you look for alternatives and then when you come out with a positive check for all of the aforementioned things, you might consider buying something. You don't go into a shop and buy anything that is worth more than 5$. Otherwise you end up with a half ass kettlebell that you either not use or that will have negative effects on your wrist (if you use it).

PS: going to a strip club is the most dumbest thing ever.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 2:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken
    OK, oddly enough, Sochin and I have been discussing kettleballs at bedtime over PM and we are both fans of them.

Now, I will say to tharuz, good for you for making the effort to improve. I hope it pays off for you.

If funds are an issue, can you put together a couple extra bucks and Super-size that 15 pounder to a heavier weight? If so, take it back to Wal-Catraz and get a heavier weight kettleball.

Not everyone is going to be able to afford the more expensive ones, so take the suggestions of ensuring you wrist is properly stabelized and got to it.

Personally, I have (2) 15lb kettleballs so I my wife can use them and I can use one on each hand, and if I want to up the quotent I put both in one hand.

I am making due with what I have and so can you.
    Thanks man, I will try and consider that.

Now that you have emphasized Macho's post about the importnce of protecting my wrists, I will begin to focus and some wrist strecthed I've come across:

Anyone know about Sifu Shi Yan Ming? He has this wrist stretch where you intertwine your fingers and have your thumbs pointing to the sky, then keeping the thumbs up you rotate your wrists to either and both circles.

There's also the wrist push ups from the knees I was taught at Kuk Sool Won, they might be taught at Aikido too but I've never done Aikido.

Added to the towel + athletic tape protection if I strenghten my wrists before and after every kettlebell session involving Cleans and other such stuff I might be able to come off unscathed.

And yes, I'm not shy of returning things at Wal-Mart. I kept the receipt.
    Last edited by tharuz; 10/20/2008 4:18pm at .

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 2:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    look, I don't want to turn this thread into a gym membership thread, let's stay on topic.
    Who mentioned gym membership?

Last gym membership I had was with the YMCA and I rarely went beacause my ride was too busy, but when I did go I would spend 3 hours at the gym running and lifting. No kidding.
    That's probably why you didn't make much progress.

I had a hard time making the drive to the gym and whenever my dad would take me in the mornings I would have no strenght, no motivation, and there would always be an old bitch asking us to scan our membership entrance card. We always lost that fuckin' card, there were like 5 of them that didn't work.
    Everyone deals wih these issues.

Then I had to take a locker, shower, put my gym sweaty clothes in a plastic bag inside my gym bag not to stink it up, wash my few gym clothes more often...it just didn't work.
    Oh, the hardships!

The personal trainers didn't awnser my questions or taught me how to lift, to this day there's stuff I don't know about lifting weights safely or for what purpose.
    Most personal trainers are useless.

I've been trying to do handstands since forver, but my weak arms can't support my now 217lbs of weight in order to do a full military press up.
    Bodyweight mility presses are hard. I'd start with something like pike pushups.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    Here is some life help from me, since Q is no longer among us and I need a new project.

If you think about buying something, make sure you know what you are going to use it for. Then go and get some information on the product, pros cons etc. Then you look for alternatives and then when you come out with a positive check for all of the aforementioned things, you might consider buying something. You don't go into a shop and buy anything that is worth more than 5$. Otherwise you end up with a half ass kettlebell that you either not use or that will have negative effects on your wrist (if you use it).

PS: going to a strip club is the most dumbest thing ever.
    Dude, I am a social pariah who doesn't go to fucking community college yet.

Just last week I got dropped off on one and got two dances from a tall girl with a very decently big ass and perfectly shaped medium sized tits, or the hottest white girl in all of that establishment for short.

I think I made a good impression on her and you know, I might just be pimp enough.

Tell me how finding strippers that are nice enough to give you a dance the way it's suppossed to be a dumb thing?

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 2:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't even think about asking any questions, all those misleading articles that say: light weights + lots of reps = good thing had me braiwashed.

There were no questions to be asked bro.
    High reps are not bad or good. They have their purpose in training, but strength is not it. I do tons of swings and snatchs for conditioning but only 5 reps for strength training. Don't make the mistake of generalizing like this, especially if you're going to start kettlebell training. One of the main functions of kettlebells is strength endurence and this requires high reps.

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 2:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell me how finding strippers that are nice enough to give you a dance the way it's suppossed to be a dumb thing?
    Thinking strippers like is probably the dumbest thing ever.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 2:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tharuz, there are things you can do to make it easier for us to help you, and there are things you can do to make it harder for us to help you.

An example

Bad: "Judo tourney coming up, and I just bought some 12oz gloves. Should I have gotten 16oz instead?"
    Bad follow-up: "**** you guys, I'm going to the strip club."

Good: "What clothing/equipment do I need to participate in a judo tournament?"
    Good follow-up: "Given my location X, price range of $Y and time frame of Z, do you have recommendations for brands/stores for these items?"

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm trying to help you get actual help. Suggestions include:
    -posting in the correct forum for the subject
    -stating time, money, transportation and other constraints explicitly
    -ensuring that your questions don't presuppose incorrect information
    -asking early enough that the feedback arrives in time to make the decision in question

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 2:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, spending money on something that you can get for free is a stupid thing. Then spending money on an illusion of something you can get for free is even dumber. And thinking that any of those girls gives a **** about you when you stop putting those bills, well that is ... well you get it.
    So you might spend the time and money otherwise and get something real out of it.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/20/2008 3:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, he's stated he has to "rely on the abstract kindness of others" (TM Ashida Kim) for transportation to the gym, or am I mistaken.

So, he can't get these things for free, unless he spent his $20 on a monthly bus pass and a month at the YMCA.

So, these two things aren't analagous. Let's focus on this:

He dropped some coin on a kettleball.

Bear in mind, while it may *SEEM* similar to a dumbell, it is a bit different. Respect this first and you should do well.

Now, like Russ said: tharuz, what do you need help with, now?

and strippers never like you once your wallet is flat.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast