Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2008 5:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your McDojo experiences

It's been some time since I posted on Bullshido, but I feel like a zombie, and I need to read something funny to wake myself up. That is why I am creating this thread, for people who train in arguably, more effective/proficient styles, or those who train realistically.

It would be great if you could post your experiences at McDojos (preferably humorous ones) while or after you were training in another art. I'm confident i'm not the only one who has entered, for example, a Shotokan class, only to realize your 4 months of training has developed more fighting ability than their top black belts have in 5 years.

My story isn't really that funny, but i'll briefly explain it anyway.

It was a public holiday and I got a lift into town, hoping that my friends, who drive me to Muay Thai, would still be up for training and would be there to meet me in the usual place. Well, they weren't, so I was stuck in town and dressed in my Muay Thai clothes; meaning silky boxers and a shirt.

I had no choice but to go to a nearby friends house, and hang out with them for a while. It just so happens that a few of my friends were there, and they were just about to leave to go to Karate (Shotokan). Well, they convinced me to go with them, which wasn't a first. Back when I first joined these forums, I was training at that Dojo, and was highly skeptical about it.

I really had no choice, so I agreed to go. It ended up costing me $5, since it wasn't my first lesson (what's a year or two?). The class itself was nothing great. No sparring, just Kata's and "basics" for the whole night.

My friends who do train there claim that they can "feel themselves becoming better fighters" and such. And previous to my Muay Thai training I sparred one (Full contact, Medium sized gloves) and I came out the winner, even though at the time he state champion at Kumite (for his age and belt).

After the class when we were about to go home, I was mucking around and pretended to kick him. We started mucking around, lightly pretending to hit eachother. We decided to spar (no head shots due to no gloves). It was quite funny how medicore he actually was, and it was even more hilarious when he realized that people can kick below the waist. By that I mean I grabbed his leg (during his "snap kick") and kicked his other leg out from underneath him. It was nothing major, but the whole class + the Sensei saw it, so it must have made him feel pretty stupid.

Now, if you have any similar stories, please post them! There's nothing funnier than hearing about a cocky black belt getting their ass handed to them.

Posted On:
    10/19/2008 6:34am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so this guy from my kickboxing scool goes to some MA convention or something. The guy cant' strike worth ****! So ho goes to that con and meets a WC teachet that's so smug he lets this guy take on a little girl /14yo/ from his WC school. So they do and the kickboxer loses. He signs up to the WC school. The idiot now has a degree in WC and teaches it in my hometown. He claims his system is the most perfect MA in the world. I'm going home sometime to pay him a visit, maby beat the crap out of him...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2008 6:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What an idiot! Personally I don't like Wing Chun, nor do I think it's one of the better styles around, but it's even more embarrassing that he got beaten by a 14 YO girl. Hopefully WC can get his dignity back.

Posted On:
    10/19/2008 7:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy was a slacker, so the little girl wasnt' much of a surprise to me. Him instructing and talking smack to his old coaches and masters and the entire boxing team behind their backs - BIG SURPRIZE! That's the kind of **** that makes me wanna travel 8 hours to my old town and beat him senceless.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2008 7:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Better yet - train a little girl (maybe 13 years old this time) to fight, then send her over there. And as much as I hate the Karate training I have done in my life, I still respect my teachers.for who they were (to me), which was nice, generous people who spent their time teaching for free.

Posted On:
    10/19/2008 7:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That school is free too unless you wanna compete then they charge you for the entrance fees and fighting licenses, wich is awesome.