Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 9:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Spector
    I started training in July of last year. At first I trained twice a week, after a couple months I started training with a gi and bumped up to 3 times a week. Since January I've been training 4-5 times/week, barring of course time off for injuries and t3h dreaded ringworm.
    thanks for the info.

ringworm is pretty horrible huh?
    ive never had it so far..
    *knock on wood*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 10:06am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ringworm blows. My brother, who trains at a different gym, recently got ringworm in over 50 different spots. His school nurse said it was the worst case she'd ever seen.

But basically, if you wash your training gear, avoid using other people's gear, and shower after training (preferably with some kind of antifungal soap), you stand a pretty good chance of staving off ringworm.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 10:20am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu Swordfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, it took me a little over two years to get my blue, training 2-3 times a week.
    Our club has a proud tradition of "superwhitebelts", though. Since we have to go outside of our club to test, a lot of people put it off for a long time. We had one guy who one the absolute at the Ohio Grappling Challenge as a 'white belt'.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 10:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    allright, 18 months, which is a year and a half, how many times a week did you train?
    Two or three times at the beginning, four or five towards the end, plus quite a bit of time off for injury (surgery on bloated ear, broken hand, rib, elbow). I've seriously never heard of a gym where it takes four years to get a blue belt, what association are you under?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 11:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    Two or three times at the beginning, four or five towards the end, plus quite a bit of time off for injury (surgery on bloated ear, broken hand, rib, elbow). I've seriously never heard of a gym where it takes four years to get a blue belt, what association are you under?
    Rickson Gracie.

I need to explain something here.
    The school i train at is low on high ranking guys, we got 3 blue belts at the moment and one blue belt purple stripe.
    We're sort of an outpost, the official R.G. representative in the netherlands lives all the way down south.
    It's imo a good federation/asociation i mean Antoni Hardonk is in it, cant be bad, right?
    Im a bit uncomfortable talking about it since im a mere noob, just focusing on techniques, dont care much for associations and federations.
    The way it seems now is that perhaps it takes longer since we dont have too many exams/ training time compared to you, at this moment we can train 3 times a week max and maybe one time a week extra at a purple belts school near Amsterdam.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    10/17/2008 3:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Meh, it took me a little over two years to get my blue, training 2-3 times a week.
    Our club has a proud tradition of "superwhitebelts", though. Since we have to go outside of our club to test, a lot of people put it off for a long time. We had one guy who one the absolute at the Ohio Grappling Challenge as a 'white belt'.
    Lol, are you going down on the 8th for it?

in regards to blue belt: I know all of the things we have to know for the "test", but i'm still working on being able to apply them successfully. I know I'm approaching it, but just not sure how far away.

I trust my instructor, he's a bad ass.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123