Posted On:
    12/16/2003 9:26am

Style: BJJ, No-Gi, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Panic control

found article:
    http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/19/sonnon4.html

As a Sambo competitor and coach of the U.S. National Sambo Team, I traveled the world to gain insight into the methods elite athletes use to augment their skills and enhance their performance. Among some of the most impressive secrets I discovered were from the Russian teams. As a result, I invested years of training with their special-forces instructors and Olympic coaches. They allowed me to learn their unique strategies which I compiled and tested over the years implementing my own discoveries. The result became Circular Strength Training System's core model: the Three Dimensional Performance Pyramid™.

This article will present an overview of working the top of the 3DPP for managing combative and competitive anxiety, one of the most crucial components of becoming a champion in your sport or maximizing your potential as the warrior athlete in daily life.(continued)

Posted On:
    12/16/2003 10:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alot of that stuff is more psort specific than street specific, but still very useful, if not anything new.
    The fact that a persons mental edge is of the upmost importance CAN'T be stated enough, all the technique and training in the world will NOT save you if you are mentally UNABLE to aply the training.

It amazes me that, something that has been taught for centuries is "revoltionary".
    And to have to go to Russia to learn what TMA instructors have always said makes no sense, but is VERY typical.

The saying from the old timers:
    To learn MA you must give 99% persperation and 1% inspiration, BUT , to apply it: 99% mental and 1% physical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2003 10:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah that "revolutionary" hype thing seems a bit silly. Plus I don't know if you checked out the root site, circularstrengthmag.com, that stuff seems pretty screwy too. Theres some article about "stregnth channeling." Specious.

I found this site accidentally by searching the terms "nose+bridging+wrestling" on google.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2003 10:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    beware pyramid schemes

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    12/18/2003 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is nothing 'screwy' about Scott Sonnon.

Read through the articles, join the forum, and soon you'll buy his instructional stuff.
    He's just light years ahead of most training philosophy.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/18/2003 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The saying from the old timers:
    To learn MA you must give 99% persperation and 1% inspiration, BUT , to apply it: 99% mental and 1% physical.
    We're obviously not talking about masters of prosody.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    12/18/2003 1:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin you've done it again. I couldn't put it more perfctly myself. I agree 100 %
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2003 5:19am

Style: Taiji quan yang style ("cheng fu" and "lu chan"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've already seen pyramids like that in a traditionnal chinese MA book (edited in 1983).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2003 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by FingerorMoon?
    There is nothing 'screwy' about Scott Sonnon.

Read through the articles, join the forum, and soon you'll buy his instructional stuff.
    He's just light years ahead of most training philosophy.
    So FM, are you serious? By my first impression s of the site I am skeptical--I'll try to look at it differently...